• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping an MK48....

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
At your local truck stop diesel pump, as I said JP is just richer diesel

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They don't use it in "everything". Lots of bases here in FL are using biodiesel, not sure about other places.

Jayco36REQS

Not if you strap a small camper on the trailer with the wheels taken off the camper.

Tah Da! It's and RV.

I stopped bidding early.. cost of transport too high.. More coming in August, hopefully will have favor owed I can call in.
So I can buy a small popup and strap it to the back? Ok, just the mental image of that is funny! lol

Jayco36REQS

We used to put JP5 in the diesel equipment once a month to clean the engines... JP5 is some serious fuel! When I worked at Barbers Point NAS in HI during the first gulf war, the USAF planes that landed on the base loved that we had JP5...

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ANY kind of jet fuel smells bad when you are burning it in a diesel. Unless you cut it with a little WVO from the local Chinese place :mrgreen:!!!! I find that 5 gallons of WVO to 25 gallons of JET A will keep your nose hairs from burning out.

For the OP wanting to transport a MK48, that's the way to go. If someone drives it and it takes a $hit on the side of the road; BIG $$$$ tow bill. I don't know if you can flat tow them. If you can hook up the air so you have brakes and they will follow a tow vehicle you might be able to get it off base.

Good luck.

jpinst

I shipped the trailer from GA and it ended up costing nearly $4k. Even if it can drive on/off a truck ramp, and Fl is much further, the only savings would be in the load and unload which was another $500 (needed cranes)

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I'll be down there in a week or two helping the guys that won the MK48's a few weeks ago.

If you still haven't made your arrangements let me know and I'll PM you my rates and what I'll do to make sure you vehicle gets loaded or moved off post.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks