• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping companies suck

Ryanbmw

So, I will not be bringing the crew cab deuce I bought from Reckless out of GA to the Metro Center MV show this weekend. Delay after delay means the truck will finally (crossing my fingers) be picked up this weekend. I even went with a heavy equipment hauler company with 50 or so trucks. My dad has been running various LTL freight companies since I was a kid so I have a greater understanding of all the bs that can happen doing a shipment, but come on. Friday picked turned into Monday pickup because they had not off loaded the previous shipment. Then Monday turned into who knows because the crane never showed up to empty the trailer. Then I get a call that an SUV crashed into the tractor so the pick up would be delayed until they could find another truck in the area. Still, after all of that, $2700 to ship a crew cab deuce 1900 miles from GA to AZ fully insured is not bad. Hopefully I can convince them to discount a little bit because of all the hassle. I honestly feel bad for Reckless since he has been jerked around by the shipping company more than me.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
We have a member now that is a dispatcher with Landstar. He has never failed to get a truck to me on time when I was loading out vehicles for members here. PM for contact info.
When we were loading the mk48s he got a few of the buyers out of jams the other shippers put them in, even in off hours

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like typical Broker/dispatcher BS. I would guess to say most (if not all) the excuses was a lie. I've heard it all in the past. More than likely, they promised the load before they actually found a truck to take it. When they can't find a trucker for the load they come up with all kinds of crazy stuff as to why they didn't make an appointment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks