• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping from IL to TX

Biggles

I'm trying to ship a complete vehicle accessory kit for a deuce to TX and they are telling me better than $200 because of the size and weight of the box it would be in and almost the same if I were to ship it in several smaller boxes. Does anyone have any experience shipping these things? what did you do? Is this just how much it's going to cost?

Biggles

some pack and ship place, I'm going to "make" a box and take it by fed ex directly and see how much of that $200 was fees and packing.

by make a box I mean wrap it all up in lots of tape and cardboard.

DieselBob

UPS, USPS and Fedex all have online shipping tools that let you figure the cost. I use them when I ship deuce exhaust kits and found that, at least in my case, Fedex ground was the least expensive by almost $20. Just my 2cents

Biggles

I think the next step is to get this boxed so I can get an EXACT weight and measurement. Then i can shop around online with everyone no problem. Thanks for the ideas folks.

BigWill1276

I did UShip and was able to get some real good deals. I just shipped two pallets one from Utah to Vegas for $150 530Lbs, and One Pallet full from Alabama to Vegas for $270.00 over 1000lbs. I got quoted from the shippers on GL to ship for $700 for the same things. I already received my shipments too.

ranchhopper

Go to uship and go to the less than truckload freight and get instant quotes I use S3 logistics and you couldnt believe how cheap these big freight brokers can get the rates down to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks