• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping recomendation

1984CUCV

Hi,

Here is one for ya: I have a very large boat anchor that weighs about 1500 lbs that I need shipped from tampa Florida to Sanford Maine. Anyone have a recommedation of a carrier that could do that without costing an arm and a leg?

ralbelt

I wish I could help, I am driving down to just north of Tampa next sat and returning back to RI a week later, It is just a little too big to put in my Ford 500's trunk, although I am taking down a 20lb danforth.

1984CUCV

I am sure they do sell anchors in maine but darned if i can find a good used one at a reasonable price. A lot of used ones were melted for scrap.

L999here

....easy transport...LOL...

Might get the anchor placed on a flat bed or box trailer and ready to tow. A pic might also help for somebody willing to trailer it back. nopics

nhdiesel

Dimensions? 1500 lbs. of solid iron can't be all that large, it should fit in the back of a pickup easy enough. How much shipping would you consider to be "reasonable"?

Jim

papercu

Rent it to a ship going that way, make it pay for the trip! Wayne
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whHQaTYGAjg[/media]

1984CUCV

I called Yellow Freight and they wanted 550 as long as it was strapped to a pallet and was a business to business pickup/delivery which it will be.

Andy1234

If it can be palletized, I would suggest Old Dominion Freight Lines or R&L Carriers over Yellow.

Call them and let them know your budget, and they'll work with you. Emphasize that it is class 50 (scrap), and non-perishable :-D.

Andy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks