• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping suggestion

mmurphy001

I'm looking at getting a stack of tires from Albany, Georgia (Maybe elsewhere if that does not pan out) and have seen posts where people say they had a "shipper" pickup their pallets of stuff from GovPlanet. I'm looking for suggestions on a shipper. I'm located in Iowa so it won't be something local.

Another option is there anyone or a service that can pickup your items and "hold" it for a month or two? A 10 day window and $25/day from GovPlanet is a bit excessive. I'm going to be in that part of the country (Georgia) later this summer for a different reason. Oh, same kind of question for different parts of the country such as Vegas and Yermo. I love a good road trip but I can't just drop everything when GovPlanet sends an email.

Just looking to see if there are any options.

Thanks,

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might try this, he just moved some electronics for me

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try calling the major freight carrier terminals in Albany and ask if they do pick ups at the GP yard.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Most terminals pick up from there

Can use a 3rd party shipper broker service like goship.com then send your release form and BOL to the dispatcher at the local terminal.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
YRC freight picks up from there but you do have to contact pick up support and get the contact information so you can send the release form to the Albany facility and ask them to put them on a Pallet . I have had no issues at the Albany facility. I have picked up there personally. had 2 drivers picks stuff up for me and had YRC Freight pick up there without issue

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks