• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping woes..any ideas.

Hasdrubal

I want to buy a CUCV inner fender from Gimpyrobb, who is in Cincinnati, Ohio. I'm in Vancouver, BC Canada. The box is 42x24x24 and weighs 25lbs. I usually use USPS as they are the most reasonable, but they say its too big to ship. Fedex wants $234 , DHS wants $174. That doesn't include the duties, tax and administrative charges they hit you with at the door, The part is only $30! Any one have any ideas on a more economical way to ship this? Or, if someone is coming across the country up here to BC, something could possibly be arranged. Used to have a guy with a mailing address across the border who brought stuff across for me, but due to medical issues, he's out of commission. I can't source this part up here.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A great reason to attend tbe GA Rally. Try Greyhound. Busses are good for oversize packages.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny is right, try Greyhound, but with a catch. Find the closest terminal on the US side of the border and have it shipped there, with instructions to call for pickup (and give them a cell number to contact you on). Drive over, show your ID so they will release the package to you, put it in your vehicle and drive home. Take it out of the box and if anyone at customs says anything, it's a used part you got at a junkyard (or you could say something like "Oh, I forgot about that, been carrying it around for a week, gotta get it out of the truck when I get home"). I shipped a large radio cabinet from South Carolina to California - slightly bigger than your package, and heavier - for about $70. The trip took about 2 weeks and the closest terminal was about 50 miles from the buyer, but it arrived safely!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks