• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping

h1crwchf

Has anyone purchased a deuce recently and had it shipped home? I am looking for a reliable but reasonably priced shipper to deliver a deuce about 700 miles. I have contacted two companies, one wanted $2000, the other $1800....

ktm380

Before I found one local I called around here in Colorado (Eastern slope) the best price I got was $2.10 A mile both ways with one hour of load time on site.

TiredIron

Hmmmmm.....before I spent that kind of money....I'd state from where to where and see if anyone here might be interested in driving it for you for less. Unless you don't think it would make it...?? Worth a try..???
TiredIron

Desert Rat

I bought mine from GL and drove home from Chicago to Evansville, IN, seven hours and about 350 miles.

h1crwchf

The trucks I am looking at are with GL. I have inspected trucks at Columbus and Atlanta, a few run, most don't. A few of the trucks that do not run would not take much to make run. I noticed a M35A2 W/W coming up in September in Atlanta so I flew down to take a look, piece of junk, I was really disappointed. Well, to get back to the original topic, I am looking for shipping from either Columbus or Atlanta to Fredericksburg VA. If anyone has experience with or knows of a reliable and reasonable shipper please let me know. There are some M35s coming up in August in VA, I may run down there and take a look, I would take a chance on driving if it's here in-state.

One more question... Can a deuce tow a deuce?

Desert Rat

H1,
A Deuce can tow another one safely if all requirements are met, military tow bar and so on. I've pulled trailers with nine tons of goodies with my truck, no problems.

n3uka

Keep on eye out for portsmouth auctions. I lucked out with a
great truck and have heard from a few others that were happy too.
Not too far for you to check them out before bidding.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks