• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shock on suspension seat question

Olly

Hi, I have a question about the shoscks on the suspension seats.... I recently purchased a pair and I thought they were locked like regular shocks ( where you twist them out and they extend ) and they didn't extend, in fact I had to pull them out and then they didn't rebound which I believe most shocks do at least any I've delt with.... so I looked at my two seats and it appears like they do.... so did I get a bad pair of shocks or are they not suppose to rebound?
Thanks for any help in this matter.

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does your seat have a spring and a shock? If it has a spring that will provide the return.
Some types of shock absorbers provide damping in both directions with a fluid port restriction. They do not rebound by themselves.
Original Deuce front axle shocks are an example of this.
I do not know if you have the correct ones.

Olly

Does your seat have a spring and a shock? If it has a spring that will provide the return.
Some types of shock absorbers provide damping in both directions with a fluid port restriction. They do not rebound by themselves.
Original Deuce front axle shocks are an example of this.
I do not know if you have the correct ones.
Thanks for the reply and I get what you're saying about the deuce front. The seat does have a spring, and the nsn says its for a five ton so then it must be functioning....