• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shock replacement, M923A1 driver's seat

CES 3245th

I’m hoping somebody out there can give me and easy way of removing and replacing the shock underneath the front drivers seat of my M923A1. I just want to work Smarter Not Harder!! Remember now, it’s just a question!!

Last edited by a moderator:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I’m hoping somebody out there can give me and easy way of removing and replacing the shock underneath the front drivers seat of my M923A1. I just want to work Smarter Not Harder!! Remember now, it’s just a question!!
Replace the seat with an air ride one. You back, butt, and mind will appreciate it. A $200 investment for a use air ride seat, pressure protection valve, and regulator. Check a local truck junk yard.

The spring seats suck. Period. A shock replacement doesnt help at all.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

kneesnthebreeze

I realize you posted this a while ago, but there is absolutely no easy way to do the shock replacement. The "easiest" way is to unbolt the chair as it is attached to the floor pan and start going at it from the underside- once its outside of the vehicle. Took me all day to do mine and decided that if the shock ever wore out again i would just take some old rubber cut up and crammed under there. The seats do actually ride nice with a new shock but im not sure the sweat and broken bolts is worth it.

CES 3245th

I realize you posted this a while ago, but there is absolutely no easy way to do the shock replacement. The "easiest" way is to unbolt the chair as it is attached to the floor pan and start going at it from the underside- once its outside of the vehicle. Took me all day to do mine and decided that if the shock ever wore out again i would just take some old rubber cut up and crammed under there. The seats do actually ride nice with a new shock but im not sure the sweat and broken bolts is worth it.

You're absolutely right there is no good way doing this and I did end up taking the whole seat out of the vehicle much easier to replace the shock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks