• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shocks -Best Bang for least $$$

allenhillview

Dually

What a detail re build, also the best part is the story and how well you handle the brake downs along the way, great job , how is the turbo performing? Did it make a huge difference? MY old 1008 tow pretty good with our farm stuff but east Tn. hills are tough on anything. Hey stonepicker you have more info on those shackle flips or are they dually only? 423 913 1775 Allenhillview

Stonepicker1

I don't want to highjack "ssdvc"'s thread. But answer to your question "allenhillview", yes the banks turbo made a big difference in power. You can't go any faster(top speed is top speed), but you can get to top speed in fewer seconds. Need to go with bigger tires now to gain more MPH. Haven't put the 6 inch lift on yet.

allenhillview

Give opinion ? Is webbing in 6.2 same as 6.5? Banks is offering 2200.00 full kit . MY best local guy in diesel repair says webbing was little different heat was issue. But if i respected it on the pyro it would do fine , for 60hp lbs --- don,t know thats what i want. It's always money though, change alot of stuff if swap someday(engines) only if if mine lays down 27,000m i'm older now things tend to mean more in the breaking it just to see what happens you know where i coming from? Pulling these hills is tough around 20,000lbs slow but good if you watch yourself but its what i wanted had plenty of newer trucks but i just like the stance of the 1008 .

Last edited:

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting back to the original question, I bought all four of my ProComp ES9000 from 4wheelparts.com for around $130, and that included the shock boots, too. They are also for 0" to 2" lift, so they are longer than stock but don't bottom out on my stock suspension. I've been happy with them, even on my fat (7400 lb) M1010.

Cucvnut

I ran procomps on my suburban. Good shocks for the price.

Allen look at my build thread for more info on the shackle flip.

Stonepicker ty man.

allenhillview

Hey thanks for info and what a great build on your truck. (Cucvnut) Talk more when you have time , I need a small amount of hard to get things for my m1008 Allen

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks