• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shop Equipment, Welding (SEW) Trailer - Aluminum

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Everyone,

Got myself a SEW. Seems a TM is non-existant for it. Especially this odd aluminum model that is between the original fiberglass one & the new SEW-NG that is now out.

It had most of what should have been in there as far as the major stuff, besides gas bottles.

The Miller 302 Diesel had 69 hours on it. Started right up. Air compressor needs a rebuild but works. The MIG gun for the 12VS suitcase welder is missing along with the electrode holder for ARC welding.

The bolts were all undone on the welder for some reason but in the trailer.

In my opinion, I think a lot of little stuff was taken from the trailer or sabotaged so the unit that had it could send it off to DRMO.

I'll post updates. I have made progress as I've had this about a month already. If anyone can locate the TM for this, I'd be a happy camper!

1000012342.jpeg

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
I dig it. Badass unit right there.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I will have this thing forever. I wish it was a little lighter, but I may look into an axle swap. HMMWV wheels and electric brakes would make it much better behind a regular pickup truck. Usually an M116 or M1101 type is the way to go, but this one is purpose built so the axle swap is worth it.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Is there not a data plate on it someplace where the TM is listed on it? Should be.
Just for tie down, the chassis, and that it's a SEW. If I remember it, I will take some detailed pictures of each that is on it to show. Normally, there is a tag that shows it. But, it's either missing or was never put on because this is an odd unit. Could be possible I missed it, but I doubt it.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Here are the data plates. The one that shows the TM is for the M103A3 that I already have, not the SEW.

I will probably do a more complete "walk around" video of the trailer once I get a few more things repaired to kind of show exactly what a SEW trailer is on my YouTube channel.

1000015142.jpeg

1000015141.jpeg

1000015139.jpeg

1000015140.jpeg

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats thing is awesome. I have been watching them on GP and the prices are finally starting to come down enough I may try and grab one. Did you get yours from auction or private. It looks pretty clean compared to most of the auction stuff.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
another version uses TM 9-4940-547-14&P ( NSN 4940-01-110-7422 )
You might or might not find something useful in this:
This TM is for an electronics semi tractor trailer.

The link however, has a few good bits of information.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Thats thing is awesome. I have been watching them on GP and the prices are finally starting to come down enough I may try and grab one. Did you get yours from auction or private. It looks pretty clean compared to most of the auction stuff.
I got it from the Texas Federal Surplus Program. It's not private, but not a public program either.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks