• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Short circuit /overload relay repair help MEP-802A

heavyzee

I have a bad short circuit /overload relay in one of my MEP-802A

I have pulled it and it was full of water (shocking, lol). I have dried it all out, but the two 10uf capicators are rusted and need replacing.

I have the replacement capacitors, but cannot get the board removed from the metal assembly, and do not want to break the board trying to forrce it. We have removed the 4 corner screws, but has not come free.

Any experience taking one of these apart. I would have to have to replace the whole thing over a 10 cent capicator

Thanks ahead of time..A

Z

overloadSSrelay2.jpgoverloadSSrelay1.jpg

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The board is soldered to the two terminal strips. The round solder pads on the two edges of the board.
That looks to be why the board will not come out. If you have the right solder removal equipment you might be able to unsolder the terminal strips and get the board out. However you risk damaging the board.
Instead of removing the board can you just snip the leads close to the bodies of the two caps and then solder the leads of your new caps to remaining lead?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks