• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Short flag mounts for M1123

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a good guide to how they’ve mounted flags to cut down antennas or some kind of flag mounts on the antenna brackets on the back of their HMMWV? Trying to ready our truck for some parades and haven’t quite figured out the best way to handle. We park it in a 7’ tall garage so need something quick disconnecting or short enough to fit. Thanks!

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a good guide to how they’ve mounted flags to cut down antennas or some kind of flag mounts on the antenna brackets on the back of their HMMWV? Trying to ready our truck for some parades and haven’t quite figured out the best way to handle. We park it in a 7’ tall garage so need something quick disconnecting or short enough to fit. Thanks!
I don’t know anything about it but I do know that sand cars have quick disconnect for their whips and flags. Tribal whips probably has stuff. I’m not sure that’s what you are looking for but probably not a bad place to start. I just googled tribal whips quick disconnect and I got lots of options at all price points. A couple of whips that changed red, white and blue would be pretty cool for parades.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
eb0bb16f3fc2546e53cc9ba9abaabfd0d8b1d697-1-2.jpg

I took a 10 foot steel conduit, cut it in half to make two 5 foot sections.

Measured out how far apart the eyelets on the flag are.

Drilled holes and installed some 1/4" eyelets through the conduit. (I used nylocks to secure them)

Inserted them into brackets on truck, and marked just below the upper bracket.

Drilled small hole through conduit for a retaining pin so they don't come out if I drive faster.

Painted them black.

Attached flag with carabiner.

Can be installed or removed in less than a minute for both of them.

edit: I use Annin ToughTex flags. They hold up well to 60mph and above for a few hundred miles before they start to show signs of fraying/unraveling at the end, then they get hung on the house.
At over 65mph the conduit does start to bend a little bit.
I'd much rather have the conduit bending than the brackets. Not a bad idea to leave a weak link like this just in case you forget to remove them before going into the parking garage; conduit is cheap and easy to get

Last edited:

FKAM

I tie flags to 4ft cammo net or antenna masts and slip them over the lower antenna sections, also mount them in the UPA on the weapons tray and on the DWF stack. They all just slip on and off easy so I can keep the flags rolled up on the mast sections, unroll them at the parade start and slide them on and then off at the end of the parade and roll them up again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks