• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Short Injectors/Civi rewire?

kenz5380

Two questions guys, and thank you for the replies ahead of time. I searched both of these topics and didn't come up with much in the way of specific answers.

1. Can the short injectors be used in my 6.2? I've been thinking about this as I am collecting parts to put a 6.5 turbo on my M1008 and as I understand it the short injectors fit better with the 6.5 turbo exhaust manifold. I wanted to replace the injectors before I put the turbo on as it looks like that job would get really tricky with the turbo installed. Do you all think it would be wise to at least order 6.5 injectors from a 1995 truck if all of the parts from my turbo kit are from a 1995 engine?

2. Has anyone replaced their glow plug controller card with the civilian version glow plug controller? The civi controllers have the relay built in and have only a 5 pin connector. It seems that wiring up those 5 pins couldn't be too hard, and they are much cheaper and more readily available than replacement controller cards. I just thought I'd ask if anyone had gone this route before.

Thanks again.

TyJustice

Interesting question on the controller I'm in.

I believe the shorter injectors were used on the vans, so you should be good to go. Others will be along shortly to confirm that or not.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can rewire the controller, but it is ALOT of work to make everything work. More to it than just moving a couple of wires.

The new civvy controller is about $80 and the new military controllers that a couple of SS members are making run about $60. Also the Civvy controller is a special; order item at most of the parts houses.

By the time you buy the new wire, connectors, plugins, etc, it would seem to be cheaper to make the stock system work. As usual, YMMV.

Last edited:

kenz5380

Orielly had the civy controller at $30, on the shelf at my local store. I haven't checked the civy manual yet, but 5 wires are 5 wires. I don't think I would try to integrate the civy version into the old wiring harness, but someday I am thinking I am going to rewire my whole truck as the stock harness is old and crumbling. When I do this I think I will probably switch the controller over to the civy version. I would like to know if anyone has done this before though.

K9Vic

1. Can the short injectors be used in my 6.2? I've been thinking about this as I am collecting parts to put a 6.5 turbo on my M1008 and as I understand it the short injectors fit better with the 6.5 turbo exhaust manifold. I wanted to replace the injectors before I put the turbo on as it looks like that job would get really tricky with the turbo installed. Do you all think it would be wise to at least order 6.5 injectors from a 1995 truck if all of the parts from my turbo kit are from a 1995 engine?
Search "marine injectors"
It will answer your question and basically yes, you want the correct injectors if you are adding a turbo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks