• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

short little trip: "muddy buddy" Cedar Hill Park,

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just found out I'll be at Cedar Hill State Park at 0530 Sunday.. There is an event called the "muddy buddy" race and the state guard is going to work it (safety, etc). Should be good training and it's always good to use the truck for official business.

This is likely to be similar to the "colorado adventure festival" a few years back, plus a new twist.
http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/txsg/2004cav/coladvfes2004.html

Apparently along the way of this 5 mile race is a new "mud pit" that participants have to crawl through. Unfortunately I don't know where this is, and likely won't be able to station the commo truck within sight of it because I need to take high ground. :roll:

Pls. accept in advance my apologies for a future lack of personally selected images of certain contestants slithering through the mud pit. Maybe some guys from another detachment can snap a few choice images. 8) :shock:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: short little trip: "muddy buddy" Cedar Hill Pa

I want to show how the telescoping Radio Shack antenna mast is easily mounted to the side of the bed. This beats putting up guyed masts! The height is 30FT. Running this kind of pole guy-less is done by not extending it all the way. Each section is 10FT, expansible to 8.75FT. The sections were expanded only to 7.5FT each and a hole had been drilled in the section at that level so the bolts could go in. The extra strength of having 2.5FT of pipe inside of the each next section makes a huge difference. The 240V diesel generator was used for lighting at night while we set up. We ran most of the day on the bank of AGM batteries. They will last several days before recharging either off the truck or by the generator or shore power. I've asked for any photos of the event that might be interesting.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks