• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Short Notice KY members!!!!

Sumoman

This Thursday we are meeting to support a little boy (6) who has cancer and is going through treatment. He loves LEO, Fire, EMS, Military, etc. So a bunch of us from various cities (should be quite a few) are going to his house to shave our melons to show support. Reason for this is he has lost his hair and the kids are making fun of him at school, we are going to show him that we are not the heros.. he is. We want to support him.

You are welcome to join us! If you want to have an excuse to drive your MV here it is, I am sure he would love to see it. We might even have a Blackhawk coming in to give him a ride (friend knows the general here). I think maybe one Hummer with soldiers is coming to go basic training on their heads. Some rides in some MV's might be cool. I will be in uniform so even if I pick mine up that morning I cannot drive it there.

Basically this thing is snowballing and we are making it worse:twisted: Maybe we could make him an honorary member of SS.. Tee shirt or something? Anyways if you want to come we will be meeting in Nicholasville KY at the Tractor Supply / Office Depot @1330, his house is a few blocks away, we will convoy all the police, ems, fire and military vehicles to his house and go from there. Should be some media at the event as well.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good on you ,and all that go with you! Please share pictures when you can.

Best wishes :-D

Numbers

These are the very things I always show up at. I get off school at 1200 o'clock that day and I did a Mapquest to there from here (82 miles) and it's 1 hour and 32 minutes. That is going the legal speed limit and figure I could squeeze out a few minutes if I leave out directly from school (closer to 64).

Sumoman

Well if your speeding here just tell them what your late for, might let you off.

Yeah the kid was given the key to the city today. I pick my Deuce up @ 1000 that morning but will not have it licensed yet.. last thing I need to do is drive illegally in front of the entire administration. :wink: I do not think that Blackhawk is going to make it, Army stated the kid was too young to ride in it. He was told we are coming (kinda shy) and I heard he is looking forward to it. He has grown some hair back but is going in for some treatment tomorrow and will more then likely be beat for Thursday.. this will cheer him up I hope.

I will post some picks, more then likely just the first responders will be there, if some do come great, excuses to drive and cut your melon. I see it as a badge of honor and hope it at least raises awareness when the paper publishes it. I'll try to get a melon pick of my head to post, nothing like a ugly mug to ruin someones breakfast:twisted:

Sumoman

These are the very things I always show up at. I get off school at 1200 o'clock that day and I did a Mapquest to there from here (82 miles) and it's 1 hour and 32 minutes. That is going the legal speed limit and figure I could squeeze out a few minutes if I leave out directly from school (closer to 64).
Right outside of Lexington, the tractor supply is on the main drag. Also it will not "start" until just prior to 1400 as he lives 3 blocks away so you have a little more time if you wanted to come.

Sumoman

Some of the pictures from the event in Nicholasville. His shirt reads, "I'd rather kiss a toilet seat than have Leukemia."
You should have PM'd me. I was there in uniform, still have it shaved:-D

total was like 144 people got there head shaved for this young boy, his parents were overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from people they did not even know. I called Great Wolf Lodge and they gave them a nights stay for the family.. cannot use it for awhile because he is starting his aggressive treatment soon.

He received a Honorary commission to the Army National Guard among many others. Nice kid, seemed a little overwhelmed but acted like any kid when he got into the Hummer!

Thanks for stopping by.

Sumoman

Some of the pictures from the event in Nicholasville. His shirt reads, "I'd rather kiss a toilet seat than have Leukemia."
Most of the people in the pics I work with, could not find me though. You were about 2 feet away when you shot the one of my Capt and Asst Chief cause I remember standing there just prior to him getting shaved.

Numbers

Hell, I was there for him. Hopefully, everything turns out alright. Would have loved to have some inside shots of that Fire Department Hummer and also of the engine compartment. Can you swing some of those? Is it running dual voltage setup under the hood?

I would have loved to drive my truck down there but suspect I would have crashed it on 68. There was a massive collision (stretchers and such) as we passed it on the way home (yea, we took the long way home). I'd be surprised if you didn't hear the call. The crash happened around one of those blind hills and apparently they had not setup traffic control yet and cars were screeching tires trying to stop. Thanks God I didn't drive because it would have been impossible to stop in time. Stopped by Shaker Village/Pleasant Hil also. Finished off the day with a visit to Claudia Sanders restaurant (awesome to eat at if you haven't tried it yet).

Thanks again for the invite. Please keep us updated on his progress.

Oh and without your shaved head picture on here this thread might be useless :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks