• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shortened M923A2

Dead Reckoning

So I have been wanting to bob the 923, but before I commited to cutting it that much and dropping an axle I decided to just shorten it and see how it looked. I sectioned out 18" from the bed, removed the spare lift and spare, rerouted the exhaust to a 5" straight pipe and moved the bed forward 18". I cut off about 24" of frame and removed the rivets from the rear cross member. Then drilled out the frame and used the rivet holes to bolt up the cross member then I put the shackles and Pintle back on. I also shortened and mounted the mud flaps at a slight angle to clear the tires. So the overall length of the truck is now a full 3' shorter and almost fits in a normal parking spot.

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really like it, to heck with bobbing keep it this way its got a very pleasant NASTY look to it!
KK