• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shorty's Recon Mission

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I'm all out due to the requests from New Years party goers.
I'll have to get in the truck and ride the roads to see if there is any fresh road kill (I'm too lazy to hunt).
If I find some fresh ones I'll whip up a batch as soon as I find my RONCO dehydrator.

FreightTrain

Banned
Went by today and got some pics.I will post them a little later.it is a 2 axle trailer.The MV guy was there today and he said it was a 28 footer.Also gave me a price on it.$1800.If you buy it,you will need to bring some tires since the ones on it REALLY SUCK!One looks like cottage cheese on the tread.Another looks like the tread is gonna peel off.And yet another is so dry rotted I didn't want to breath on it!Too bad all the outside wheels are gone.But the deck is in decent shape.The frame is straight and looks like 8-10" beams.The hitch pin is undamaged and there is still a good coat of grease under there.The bulk head is in real good shape and what amazed me is the bumper is straight as an arrow!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks FT. Sounds like an M127 and at that price, he's likely to have it a spell. I sincerely appreciate you going back and having a looksee for me!

FreightTrain

Banned
Just a final Update on this place.The owner sold out to Huron bay or hudson bay or some Yankee scrap company that starts with an H.Went by there to find out what the future for the trucks were and they said scrap......ok,Great.Asked if Wrecker and me could buy the trucks but they basically said HELL NO.EVERYTHING is going into the shredder.They refuse to sell anything off the yard.All those whole trucks,Tires,Engines,wheels,Cabs,Trailers,EVERYTHING is getting ground to a pulp.Doesn't matter.......

FreightTrain

Banned
Well,they showed this place on Boneyards(history channel or TLC) the other night.Had the big Crab Claw cutter thing ripping a near prefect deuce body to peices.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks