• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shot in the dark but here goes...GA>WA

ABN173

I know this is a long shot, I have a shipping quote of $1200 already but I figured it was worth a posting. I had planned on driving my CUCV from FT Benning, GA to FT Lewis, WA at the end of this month but due to a accident
(see http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=29528) I may be changing those plans and will just drive one vehicle up and help the wife out as she has never pulled a trailer before. Let me know if anyone can assist or has suggestions.

Thanks,
Dale

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think 1200 is a super deal for that distance...i couldnt do it for 5 times that amount.

Might wanna try Waggoneers trucking here in Columbus, never know they may have something going that way.

Heck..wish I knew you were here in Columbus...we could have gotten together!:!:

madsam

Are you sure it can't drive? I have driven an 89 Jeep that was rolled and has a bent frame for about 10k miles with no issue one tire ware.

Last edited:

DanMartin

When are you planning on doing this? We've been getting a *lot* of snow/ice/bad weather on the west coast here lately....not a good time to attempt to cross the 3 or 4 mountain ranges between there and here....especially towing a trailer.

ABN173

I think 1200 is a super deal for that distance...i couldnt do it for 5 times that amount.

Might wanna try Waggoneers trucking here in Columbus, never know they may have something going that way.

Heck..wish I knew you were here in Columbus...we could have gotten together!:!:
I will be back in Columbus, I am keeping my home here and plan to work on FT Benning once I retire in a few years.

Dale

ABN173

When are you planning on doing this? We've been getting a *lot* of snow/ice/bad weather on the west coast here lately....not a good time to attempt to cross the 3 or 4 mountain ranges between there and here....especially towing a trailer.
Dan,

I agree it is for this reason I will take a Southern route headed West until I reach Cali then I will head North from there. Hopefully I will avoid any major issues this way. Unfortunately I had a choice......a. PCS now if I wanted to go to 1st SF GRP or b. risk stop loss at my current assignment. I picked option a. since I been trying to get up there for awhile now. But I will be headed that way end of January, beginning of February

Dale

Last edited: