• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Should have listened :-)

riderdan

Riderdan, did you pick that one up at S&S Truck Wash is Cookeville? I stopped there a few weeks ago and sat in that truck if so. It was a pretty nice one. Had the pioneer tool rack in the rear if I recall.
Congrats on the recovery. It is always a success to be able to drive one home. I did that with an LMTV last year from Alabama. I was really glad to make it home without incident.
Yep, that's the one. He also had a really nice bobbed deuce, a humvee in rather rougher shape, and an LMTV. He was pretty cool--he threw in a spare, helped me check it over and adjust things, etc. He also has a lot of other stuff--a complete AC set, a winch, etc. But I'm already on thin ice, so I passed :) He also has enough surplus military tires to make a rubber Everest... just a ton of them.

I'll try and get around to posting photos this week, but it's pretty rainy here in Kansas this week, and work is killing me, so it might be a while.

riderdan

happy that you made it back in one piece.
This statement "here's the photo i sent my wife to prove i was spending that time and money picking up a humvee not vacationing with --->my<--- mistress."
a, a, aaaaa mistress not my lol.. When i read that i figured you had one but just were not with her this time..
Busted hahahaha
lol

Barrman

I thought the same thing about the mistress. Never forget the internet is forever.

Sounds like a great recovery. The above advice about MV's being herd animals is very correct. You need a trailer to go with it now. Plus a parts truck. Maybe a bigger truck to flat tow it, etc...

JAGWAH

Awesome! It sounds like you already went through the many stages of Humvee ownership:

1) Anticipation - Can't wait to my hands on her!
2) Excitement - I can't believe I own a Humvee. This is pretty awesome!!
3) Realization - Wow, it's loud and slow. These seats are not comfy. Driving 50 MPH is painful...
4) Concern - What the **** have I done.
5) Anger - Did it just break? Oh no, now what? How am I going to get home.
6) Acceptance - Well, I'm in it this far, let's get it home and keep her fixed.
7) Realization - They actually let me own one of these? I can't believe I own a Humvee. This is pretty awesome!!
8) Zen - Performing maintenance is cheaper than therapy (hopefully!). She needs me!
9) Excitement - I can't wait to drive it, work on it and show her off!

springbok

You forgot the: Now to "REALLY" start spending money.
People think that buying a HUMVEE is the biggest cost. LOL
I started with a really nice 998, was that good enough? OHHHHH NOOOO
New 6.5L to give it a but more power
New tires with the COOL 24 bolt rims..
New high back seats.
Hard Doors
Airlift bumper
LED lights
I broke my dad's golden rule of (If it ain't broke don't fix it) I assumed that upgrade was ok...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks