• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Should have studied CTIS in school, I might have learned something

96m1083

. New to me 96 1083A0
. CTIS has 5 steady lights
. Pulled ecu off dash, took back off for fun, put back together, reinstalled and it worked...........for about 60 seconds
. Manually inflated all 6 to 60 and when CTIS worked for that minute, it deflated all 6 to 55psi, and went 5 light solid..again
. Checked the voltage at the pressure sensor harness on small tank and read 4.87ish volts
. Checked voltage at 110e and read 5.xx
. Ohmed out the wire from 110e to 111d and read .02 ohm
. Ran jumper wire from 110e to 111d
. Still 5 lights solid
. Rechecked voltage with jumper wire, 7.85 volts
. Still 5 solid lights
. Leaning towards a bad harness, considering the ecu work like it should 1 time for 60ish seconds
. Need some guidance to narrow down problem before I buy something that wont work....

96m1083

. Update
. Removed ECU again, removed back cover, put back together, reinstalled back truck
. Emptied truck of all compressed air in tanks
. Turned on master power and CTIS acts like its working fine
. Started truck, pushed the sand mode and it is a constant single flash on sand mode
. All 5 lights begin to flicker and I move the cable slighty, seems to "help" it
. Goes back to 5 solid lights
. 1 question I have is if a mode is selected, will it blink steady even if there is little to pressure?
. Seems maybe it was working with no/low pressure and as the pressure built up it started throwing another tantrum...

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of "little" things can cause 5 solid lights. Five solids means 'not happy', and not much else. If the pressure switch on the wet tank is not working...5 solids. If the pressure protection valve is not set right...5 solid lights, if the air system is not quite high enough pressure to trip the pressure valve...etc. If you have a sufficient air leak somewhere beyond the pressure protection valve the CTIS will not work.

So, Don't go buying a new $$$ controller yet.

BTW, I would not put much faith in the voltages you were measuring. Bet you won't find anyone who can say 'yea' or 'nea' on what those voltages should be. The voltages between a sensor and it's 'brains' can vary considerably.

There are abundant threads on troubleshooting every conceivable light display. Read, read, read, just like going to school!

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
System should blink hwy light until pressure reaches 120
Then pressure switch closes and system does a system check if tires need air then will start filling.
When tires are at full pressure hwy light will turn solid.

Same is true for all settings.
It does a self check at 15 minutes.

If tires are way out of balance it will fault out.
To help with leaking out of balance tire air pressure hit run flat before system reaches 120 and system will bring all tires back to air balance without faulting.
Then go into normal hwy mode.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
True the transducer is converting air pressure into voltage for the ecu to understand where tire pressure is.
So voltage will vary by what tire pressure is.
ECU is powered up by 12 volts.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've so far have seen three trucks with harness problems or pin problems where it plugs into ecu which drives the ecu crazy.

96m1083

Thanks for all the input so far, got to go recover a trailer body today, I'll try looking at it some more after I return, appreciate it

Ronmar

pushing in on the case makes it work? That sounds like a ground connection as mentioned, or a connector issue in the plug or a cold/bad solder joint or connection inside the controller...

96m1083

. Update
. Down to single flashing mode light, whichever one I choose
. Still acts up when it chooses to do so
. A BFH WORKS REALLY WELL FOR PERSUASION
. Got a new controller on the way, thanks to a fellow member here.
. Will keep hammering away on it until the new controller shows up on Monday-ish
. Hopefully this thread will help someone else diagnose their box before spending money on one
. If anyone would like to know where to smack their controller, feel free to pm me

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks