• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Should i buy this deuce?

tah081

Im looking to buy this truck from a friend of a friend
we have already agreed upon $2k before anything and i told him that i wanted it running right for that amount… it hasnt run in almost a year just because he hasnt had time for it here are some pics of it… i know the fender hood and glass are not too purdy but ive already located new ones for hood $100 and fender $100 plus prolly $100 for shipping… is that too much for this truck?…. and here are the future plans pic lol hope the owner of this pic doesnt mind that i edited and posted a pic of his truck

Attachments

tah081

yeah but that was a tread on a problem its having… is that bad? im sorry i just thought i would start a thread on if i should buy it or not considering that is a different question

Flyingvan911

2,000 is a good price. You are going to do quite a bit of work to bob it anyway so the other body work isn't very much extra effort. I say get it.

RealCavDog

Hardtop, dropside bed, fiberglass bed rails . . . not too bad a start, but still pretty rough as far as a project truck !

$1500.00 would be a better start, if it has a title or paperwork, seeing as it han't run in over a year, and been soft wrecked ! No paper, even a bit less ! IMHO !

steelandcanvas

TM = Technical Manual. You might want to download the Operator's Manual, you sound very new to the Deuce scene. Learn as much as you can about it, not just from the seller, before you buy it. Download from the Resources bar at the top of the page, click on Technical Manuals. Under Deuce TM's, you'll want a manual that ends in -10. I even copied the link for you. http://test.steelsoldiers.com/upload/M35/TM9-2320-209-10-1.pdf

Last edited:

tah081

he has the military title and i have a feeling it may never have been registered for some reason considering it doesnt have plates and i dont see where that might have even been mounted… do i have to put plates on it? i heard sometimes you can use the military markings as plates… how would i find the original numbers?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
He is supposed to be the one that files for title, according to the rules. Does this thread mean that you made a deal to but it for $XXXX.XX and now might not? Sounds like a d!ck move to me. That truck is worth every bit of $2k.

tah081

yeah i downloaded all the manuals and yes i am new to the deuce scene but ive been reading up on this site everyday for the past month or so trying to learn everything i can… i finally got my 74 scout sold to buy the deuce instead
yall really think 1300-1500 even though hes gonna get it running right first at his cost?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
TM = Technical Manual. You might want to download the Operator's Manual, you sound very new to the Deuce scene. Learn as much as you can about it, not just from the seller, before you buy it. Download from the Resources bar at the top of the page, click on Technical Manuals. Under Deuce TM's, you'll want a manual that ends in -10.
That's why I said $1305.00....basically high scrap price.

Of course it may be a diamond in the rough and be a good truck...I hope it is!

tah081

oh im pretty darn positive im gonna buy it i just wanted some feed back to see if im getting a decent deal or if i should try to shoot even lower… he started at 3k but i was able to move him down a bit considering i found one ready to go for 3200

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
he has the military title and i have a feeling it may never have been registered for some reason considering it doesnt have plates and i dont see where that might have even been mounted… do i have to put plates on it? i heard sometimes you can use the military markings as plates… how would i find the original numbers?
OK wait...sounds like he has an SF97...not a title.

I suggest you do a BUNCH of searching...specifically with folks from your state before you get ambushed!:shock:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you get the title and not the SF-97. He is the only one who can use that without alot of hassles. Ensure it has a clear TX title in His name.

RealCavDog

He is supposed to be the one that files for title, according to the rules. Does this thread mean that you made a deal to but it for $XXXX.XX and now might not? Sounds like a d!ck move to me. That truck is worth every bit of $2k.

If we ALL had your money maybe ! LOL ! I'm holding at $ 1500.00 ! and thats with questionable paper !