• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show me pics of your dash

tequilaiam

My factory gauges no longer work and I'm done messing with the mechanical speedo. I have aftermarket water and oil pressure analog gauges already, a matching tach on the shelf and a electric speedo in the mail.

Now just looking for ideas for a gauge layout others have tried.

I have an extra plastic bezel/cover from a Ccivy truck I can cut up, mount a plate behind or maybe cut out a piece of aluminum sheet to attach in it's place. The sky's the limit for the final product but would like to keep the look retro and the indicator lamps/idiot lights functional.

Just looking for inspiration. Thanks!

joshuak

Not sure how inspirational this may be, but this pic. shows my aftermarket gauge installation. The other side of the dash is stock.

IMG_1224.jpg

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No photos yet, but I am working on building and mounting a HMMWV gauge cluster in a custom housing on the transmission tunnel between the heater outlet and transfer case lever. I purchased a replacement lever out of a M1010 which is angled backwards and will therefore provide sufficient clearance. I have the new HMMWV gauges and sending units and plan on installing an auxillary 24 volt fuse block to power the instruments through an ignition-controlled relay. Going to do away with the ICE plug and leave the factory dash instruments as OEM. Instead of a HMMWV speedometer in the big center hole I'm mounting a new HMMWV tachometer which will be driven by a HMMWV oil pump/tach drive, which will take the place of the original vacume pump, which will no longer be needed after I install my new 700R4 transmission and TV cable.

Attachments

tequilaiam

Thanks guys. These look nice.

I kind of like the HMWMV/LMTV minimalist look and I just found a hydraulic hole punch kit at work. If it has the right sizes for gauges I might replace the plastic bezel with a piece of sheet metal.

Aleigh, what's the rectangular thing at the top center of your dash? An LCD screen? That look would be cool for a custom application.

I was thinking about using an arduino and GPS module to read speed and generate pulses for the old school SW tach I bought to make a GPS speedometer on the cheap. That would let me display true lat/long and heading with no additional sensors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks