• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show me your civilianized M1009s

Bobert

Bobert, was it not possible to use the stock seat mount on the Mustang seats?
I think I could have adapted them to use the cucv seat mounts, but they were more narrow than the mustang seats and I couldn't figue out how to make the tracks work.

I measured the angles and height to get it perfect for me with extra leg room. This way they still adjust on the mustang tracks and slide farther forward to get in the back.

Thanks. No there is no a/c which is a bummer but i can live with that .i have been looking for a brush guard but have not had any luck yet.
I have an extra if you ever come to the Des Moines area.

Ranger_J

my 1009, i put one of those lights they sell on tv. The push ones, know what iam talking about? anyway, velcroed that to the inside roof. Lights up the whole truck at night so theres that problem. Thick rubber mat type things on the floor (helps with the sound a bit) and I think thats all really. lol. i do want seats that lean back and I want an air conditioner.

firecontrol86

I'm in the process of painting mine Satin Black. Powder caoted the bumpers and brush gaurd, now I have to get to work in the bodyshop.
i'm like to see some pics of that when you're done. i think an m1009 flat black could make one mean looking big machine! i thought about flat black and white jolly rogers on the back of each side mirror

Warren Lovell

I just sprayed my M1009 top with Tri City Paints "Kustom Flatz Desert Storm Tan"
You can buy it on line. I highly recommend this paint, which is Urethane with UV inhibitors. So all that hard work put into prep and painting will last longer than milspec paint. The kit comes with reducer and hardener. I used about 1/4 gallon painting top inside and out.

Midnight Rider

I added a radio and a hitch. Isn't that civilianized enough? rofl

I plan on Rhino lining it or something to that effect. Increase in tire size, maybe. Add center console. I'll leave the paint the way it is though.

Napoleon_Tanerite

Well, an update on my M1009. Since buying it in Nov 09 as a bone stock M1009 I've done the following:

1. Replaced the dash pad with a new production urethane one (allegedly UV proof, time will tell)
2. Added air conditioning by way of a Nostalgic Air Parts kit
3. Covered the seats with a set of Cabellas nylon seat covers-- really helps prevent ass-burn when the truck sits in the sun for a while
4. Replaced the front window trim with all new rubber and suede
5. Tinted the windows 20% all the way around
6. Added FatMat and a hood blanked under the hood
7. FatMat inside both doors
8. Layer of Fat Mat on the ceiling from the windshield to behind the back seat, spray painted flat tan
9. Rustoleum bedliner paint from the firewall to the tailgate
10. Double layer of FatMat on the floor from the firewall to the step up for the rear seats/bed
11. Added Sony Marine head unit, speakers in the dash and 6x9 speakers in front of the back seats, right in front of the rifle rack
12. 1200W inverter installed behind the spare tire
13. 2" hitch receiver and civilian 4 pin flat plug wiring
14. Sylvania silverstar headlights

I think that's about it..... more to come once I figure out what else I want to do. I need to re-hang the doors since they're on there bad crooked. I also need to fix the driver's side window, since it likes to jump out of the track (any idea how to fix THAT?). This truck is my DD, so I'm trying to make it as enjoyable as possible, and so far feel pretty successful. On top of the $3200 I spent to buy the truck, I have maybe another $2500 into it in upgrades, including a new set of Firestone Destination M/T tires. Love this truck.

it was REALLY funny when I was driving around Fort Gordon a few weeks ago-- Everyone was checking out my tricked out M1009. :twisted:

Napoleon_Tanerite

That sounds awesome! I want to do a lot of that same stuff to my 09. You have any updated pics of any of that stuff? Where did you pick up the FatMat?
Got the fatmat direct from their website. Here are a few updated pics of my truck. I realize the headliner looks a bit like hammered ass, but I also really don't care, as it's quite functional, and the day I try to pretty up my CUCV is the day I should drive it off a cliff!

Attachments