• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show me your M1009 center console

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Large ammo can and a piece of angle iron as a mounting bracket, mounting it level and to the seat mounts. No modification to the truck required.

No pics, sorry. I no longer have a cucv.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry no pictures, but I used to just get a center console from a civilian Blazer out of a junk yard, mounted in on a couple 2x4's that way it can easily be removed, painted them the 1009 maroon and we were good. When my son bought his surplus M1009 we did the same! It gives you plenty of storage and two cup holders!

Cantos

Hey guys,
my new console is under construction, I send pic if I already finished it. It´s no Ammo can.......:beer:

NovacaineFix

Good luck on your console project, can go many different ways.

Mine, I had a spare console that was for another project that came from a civi Chevy Tahoe/Suburban '94-'96, I think.
I just sized it up and it fits pretty close, a small gap at the bottom, but not too bad. I used threaded rivets to set the threads into the floor and drilled holes in the metal braces on the bottom of the console to match where the rivets were.
It's pretty rock solid and it has cup holders, yay!

Excuse the mess on the floor, I use my M1009 for a work truck and it gets pretty dirty on the inside.

20151219_103001.jpg20151219_103010.jpg20151219_103049.jpg

Cantos

Yes, that's the way I think, too.
I don't want a original part, I want to build my own console.
I found the base part at the swiss army and now I install it in the center.
Wait for pics....

Russm

Its dark outside now, will try to get a pic in the morning.
You can kinda see it to the right of the steering wheel. An L-shaped steel piece, radios mounted underneath, 3 cup holders on top.

My 1009 used to be a police truck, so I had a metal plate in the middle to mount it to, not sure if all of them are like that.

On the floor between my seats is where my feet go when im sleeping in the back during camping.

Attachments

Last edited:

NovacaineFix

Its dark outside now, will try to get a pic in the morning.
You can kinda see it to the right of the steering wheel. An L-shaped steel piece, radios mounted underneath, 3 cup holders on top.

My 1009 used to be a police truck, so I had a metal plate in the middle to mount it to, not sure if all of them are like that.

On the floor between my seats is where my feet go when im sleeping in the back during camping.
Mine has one, I think they were for the radio/com mounting.
20151201_104248 copy.jpg

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Simple wooden ammo box conversion. Radio is powered off the cigarette lighter plug and there is a speaker mounted to the front of the box and the other mounted to the rear of the box under the tray in the pics.20151225_171641.jpg20151225_171709.jpg

goldneagle

Guess you don't know GE
Hey it was just an efficient use of the space. Got a add-on fuse panel to take the load off the stock one. It was easier to install a radio in it that installing it under the dash. Installing speakers was much simpler than making holes in the doors or elsewhere. Convenient cup holders. Dedicated power outlets for nav system and other electronics. Large storage compartment inside for storing stuff. (extra filters, fan belts, first aid kit..) Tray on top of the opening is useful for change, holding the cell phone and other devices, charging cables, snacks, sunglasses. You get the point...

No room need for CD's. The radio has a slot for memory cards, usb drive or a plug to use a MP3 player or cell phone. CD's 640 megs max. USB stick 128gig available. I'm guessing if you loaded it up you could probably go for a week or more without repeating the same song. I like that option for long trips -since you can never find a descent station of the music you like. Also great for audio books.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks