• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show me your tipper

Marcel

It's configured like rear dump trailers.

Oh, I see. I didn't notice that. Mounting is usually the personal preference of the designer. If it is mounted with the largest diameter down than a doghouse is usually placed at the bottom to protect the bottom part of the cylinder from damage and material buildup. If the dump is designed with the largest diameter at the top and the pinned side at the bottom than a doghouse is not needed to protect the base from material buildup.

Last edited:

bearboley

Its ugly and loud ,no muffler, but the Auto trans will break you neck when it shifts. Most the tires hold air, the breaks work sometimes and I have the door its off for ease of entry.

Attachments

xm708

little tipper

Well it may not 2.5 tons but it still dumps !! It has worked but very limited as it has Vermont antique tags and if you get caught with a load in the back you will get your wee wee spanked !!

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it may not 2.5 tons but it still dumps !! It has worked but very limited as it has Vermont antique tags and if you get caught with a load in the back you will get your wee wee spanked !!
We need more detailed pic's![thumbzup]

xm708

pics

what part in detail would you like ? I will have to pull her out this week and drive her to work good enough excuse for me to drive it !!

ed

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first ever vehicle (I'm 17 years old) is my "new" 1962 IH M51 5 ton dump. It has the Continental R6602 gasser for power.
What the construction with the cables to the top is for?

Cannot show mine here yet because it is still standing in the Netherlands and is not used for work yet.

crazyman

What the construction with the cables to the top is for?

Cannot show mine here yet because it is still standing in the Netherlands and is not used for work yet.
ROBO,
The roll, arms, springs are all part of the roll up tarp assembly. In Michigan, USA it is a law that the dump trucks have to have their loads covered when driving on the roads. The tarp is rolled up as shown in the picture so the truck can be loaded. When loading is complete, the tarp roll up mechanism is released and the springs pull the arms towards the back of the truck unrolling the tarp and covering the load. The purpose is to help keep sand, stones or pieces of debris that the truck may be hauling from blowing on to the automobiles following behind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks