• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show Me Your Tractors (M818 for example)

Whats your tractor

• M275A2

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • M246A2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M52 M52A1 M52A2

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • M818

Votes: 51 68.0%
  • M931 / M932

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • M983 W/ CRANE WO/CRANE

• M920

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • M746

• M911

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • OTHER

Votes: 15 20.0%

• Total voters

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is my M818 w105 king pin mount and my M275a1 I got yesterday
Congrats on that M275 - You got a good deal.
I SERIOUSLY considered bidding on that one, but having just bought the 220KAK Trailer (and needing to invest some to get her recovered) I didn't want to tie up all of our hobby-money.
So.... Now I'm jealous!
:beer:

KsM715

Thats a nice set up 70deuce. What are you using for the front corner markers? I started putting on the winch this week and did not realize just how far out that front bumper sits now.

70deuce

KsM715, I'm using a 30 inch 3/8" steel rod that I threaded at the bottom with about an inch and half worth of threads. Then a nut on top of the bumper bottomed out on the non threaded part of the steel rod and a nut on the bottom of the bumper which is the one I tighten.

Bighurt

Those yellow head lights look pretty cool. What is the purpose of them being yellow? Plus where did you find them(24volt I take it)?
I'm not sure if there is a technical aspect to them, they do cut fog and hazy conditions better.

In WWII all Allied Forces (in France) were required to use yellow lamps so as to distinguish them from white lit German forces.

Last edited:

vtdeucedriver

Those yellow head lights look pretty cool. What is the purpose of them being yellow? Plus where did you find them(24volt I take it)?
US military used Yellow headlights in Germany to help the visiblilty through the fog. Yellow Headlights were seen on vehicles in Vietnam. At one time it was thought that the yellow may help through the dusty roads but the ACTUAL reason was that there was a shortage of headlights in the supply chain when the war got going so the Govt dipped into its parts supply in Germany and shipped them to Vietnam. The final reality to the Yellow Head lights was that it was just another "Dress" item for a soldier to customize his truck.

Many years ago when they were plenty AND CHEAP, I started scarfing them up where ever I found them. A couple I had even been given for FREE!!!! (THANKS KENNY)

Have two M915A1 Tractors. Just drove one over 1100 miles home ( bought from Andy1234), outside St Louis MO to New Mexico. Picked up my M871 Trailer from StreetBikeDepot in Tuttle OK on the way!

Attachments

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
VTDeucedriver, your post "1968 M52A2 by Kaiser Jeep Corp", how did the truck got that brown color? It looks like a real color, and not the effect of some filter; all other pictures show the same truck in normal green?