• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show me your trailer caps!

koolex11

Well it is no surprise by now that I'm not into restoration as much as modification. I have several ideas for trailers that I am doing everything I can to research. One of them is a hard top. I would like to see what others have done, from truck caps to wood to plastic tarps. Thanks in advance!

Ratch

Great thread, I can't wait to see what comes up. I was literally just measuring the bed rails yesterday to figure out how much overhang I can get away with on a new top. I want to make a sleeping surface over the left and right bed walls. Then I want to have an alternate cargo top I can drop on for more secured cargo.

That shelter is too nice...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Other than my own, the only other 101 I've seen with a truck topper was one owned by citizensoldier. On my 101A1 the side doors open right into the trailer. I have a similar steel topper (not home yet) that those sides open into storage. Steel toppers are a pain in the arse to deal with unless you have lifting equipment. Note on the pics of mine above, I added handles right above and at each end of the side doors. LOL, these are the handles off of deuce frames.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks