• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

Nick

Update, on my m105a2, just finished the first two coats of paint to the trailer about 0500 this morning. I have installed an old HF crane that has served me well, with a warn 3700 lb winch that I put together out of two bad ones atop the crane. I when with Rust-oleum dark hunter green for the floor and up the sides of the trailer for the simple fact this trailers going to be a work / camp / haul all trailer, and I wanted a color that would look good with the O.D. Green paint but wouldn't stand out to badly, but also be quick and ease to touch up that I could find and get any where. All that's left is to put the third and final layer of paint on in about a week. I left the bowes carc 383 because the only time any one will see them is while I'm taking them off or while the back covers rolled up, that and they are almost new, too. Still need finish painting the over laying O.D. Green over the top six inches all the way around on the inside of the box, but shouldn't be much longer before she's ready for the m818 recovery. Still need to find an wood land camo cover tho.

Nice one. I been thinking about adding a crane to mine. But since it wouldn't get used much I wanna do a removable style. When I need it drop it in, when I don't store it in the shed.

fallen

I have been looking for a pioneer trailer for a while. Yours looks like its in great condition. I found one a few miles from my house. It was sitting in a guys back yard. The local boy scouts apparently gave it to him. He would not put a price on it but wanted to trade it for a trailer he could haul his bobcat on. I think a trailer that would fit his needs would be in the $1500 range. I put a value of $750 on the pioneer trailer. We could not come to terms so he is planning on cutting it up to make a cooker. I found another one in south carolina and the guy wanted between 1200 and 1500 I cant remember. Can you avise what you think a fair price for a pioneer trailer would be. I t seems like most of the poeple I deal with think their stuff is gold and my stuff is lead. thanks

DAP

I bought mine for $600. It was in rough shape with no lights but had no rust out. It did not have surge brakes and had the Budd 5 hole wheels. Whihc is what I wanted for my M37. The fabric hinges for the halves were shot and it has some rust. The mouse pee smell was so strong it took high pressure waching and laquer thinner to kill it.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been looking for a pioneer trailer for a while. Yours looks like its in great condition. I found one a few miles from my house. It was sitting in a guys back yard. The local boy scouts apparently gave it to him. He would not put a price on it but wanted to trade it for a trailer he could haul his bobcat on. I think a trailer that would fit his needs would be in the $1500 range. I put a value of $750 on the pioneer trailer. We could not come to terms so he is planning on cutting it up to make a cooker. I found another one in south carolina and the guy wanted between 1200 and 1500 I cant remember. Can you avise what you think a fair price for a pioneer trailer would be. I t seems like most of the poeple I deal with think their stuff is gold and my stuff is lead. thanks
Since he's asking for a trailer for his Bobcat, but is willing to destroy a Pioneer Trailer to make a COOKER, then he has REestablished the Value at "something to make a cooker out of".... A MUCH CHEAPER OPTION to you. Offer to swap him for something of equal value and functionality for his new purpose.
IMHO

Let us know what happens.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey guys

I need good pics of a 101a2 with tarp installed. Would like all four sides. I`m having issues with a tarp. I suspect I have a 105 tarp and am looking at the fit.

Thanks
Neil

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Hey guys

I need good pics of a 101a2 with tarp installed. Would like all four sides. I`m having issues with a tarp. I suspect I have a 105 tarp and am looking at the fit.

Thanks
Neil
The green tarps fit much better than the camo ones, which are really baggy. The camo ones sit right at the tie downs on an m101. At first I thought the the camo tarp on one of our trailers was for an m105, but its just a lot roomier than the green ones.

fallen

I tried several different options including that one. I also offered a very nice m101a2 with bows and tarp but he was only interested in trading for a trailer he could haul his bobcat on. It was the same old story. If he owned it it was worth the price of gold. If I owned it it was only worth the price ofscrape metal. I dont like dealing with people like him so I finally just let him keep it.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Ya It is bolted to, two pieces of 2x6'' 3/8'' thick steel 2' long. I unbolted the bed so I could get the steel between the frame ant the took a 10lb sludge hammer and drove it back all the way to the side until it was pinned in place by the small piece of angle iron that the put to attack the four lifting points to the trailer. Its not going any where and it shouldn't flex the floor. I see using a lot for lifting all sorts of stuff but mainly tires. We aren't getting any younger after all and the toys are only getting heaver:mrgreen::driver:

820jeep

Sorry, that is the only photos I took. I bought a rec. hitch plate at wal-mart, turned it upside down and drilled holes thru the floor of the 105. ( Had to take the tail gate off) The hitch came with bolts and nuts. The pintle hook is mounted on a drop plate so it comes down to the center of the trailer frame. To get them to ride some what level, I turned over the lunet eyes on both trailers and used a pintle hook on the truck that is bolted to a raised plate. If i do this again, i will try to get better phots. Thanks, Bob.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks