• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My all-purpose M1061. Have uprights and cover for hauling out of the weather, raised cover for a mobile workshop I can stand in, and stay out of the rain, stackable wood sides so any side can be any height, flat deck for whatever, ramps for vehicles, and tows behind crane to load and unload.

Attachments

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A very impatient 2 days later...

This is exactly what I want to do to one of my M105A2 trailers (my quad hauler)!! I plan on moving the fenderwells up to the bottom of the bed lip to make more room for the tires when off-road...it shouldn't be too hard, as I'm finding out from a current rebuild of a rust-bucket M105A2 - just drill out the spot welds and use a grinder with a cut-off wheel to break the welds, and reweld everything in place.

Thanks for sharing!!! That is AWESOME!! [thumbzup]

harleyhouse

I bought a 12" receiver tube of ebay, cut a hole in the rear cross member and sleeved the tube to the second cross member then welded it all together. I added safety chain loops and I will wire a 4 prong plug "Just in case I get the urge to pull my canoe trailer to the lake" and run them in tandem.

The whole reciever project took about two hours.

Attachments

usmc80

I bought a 12" receiver tube of ebay, cut a hole in the rear cross member and sleeved the tube to the second cross member then welded it all together. I added safety chain loops and I will wire a 4 prong plug "Just in case I get the urge to pull my canoe trailer to the lake" and run them in tandem.

The whole reciever project took about two hours.
Very cool. I need to do this so I can pull my log splitter. Nice pics and great looking trailer. Thanks

820jeep

The first time I had no weight on the front of the first trailer. It would do fine up to about 55-60 and then it would start to walk around. When I added some weight to front of the trailer it all went away.
Also if you notice in the photo, GL was nice and gave me an 11:00-20 on one side and a 9:00-20 on the other. Thats why the first trailer is leaning to the left. I dont wont anything that leans to the LEFT. :whistle:

Ironwood

I converted a M105 body to a new dumping sub frame and an 8 bolt Torsion axle. I wanted it as low as possible to side load with my John Deere tractor. We use it all the time for camping, and Scout events, (sand for luminary build every year and fall cleanup at our host church).

I also have numerous others here including a new to me M105A3, nice unit with the surge brakes. I will steel the body/tarp off that to occasionally use on my F-350/450 7.3 CC,CC 4x4. I am going to a make a modualer system to forklift three different beds onto that truck and my F-550 gasser knuckleboom truck. Also, had some pioneers, some gen trailers, etc... I usually keep one 105 wit hthree ton of pee gravel in it for winters, our drive is 1/2 mile long and I dont like salt.

Ironwood

Attachments

Last edited:

Milbikes

M569 trailer with compressor

It is a 1962 M569 trailer with a compressor. I plan to use it, and maybe do a show or parade with it behind my M37 if I ever get it registered! H.

Last edited:

Bighurt

Scott, what is that "double and triple trailer" endorsement on my Washington State license for? :driver:
I believe the confusion is Washington and Oregon are explicit in that double tow is NOT legal with a passenger vehicle aka "pick-up truck".

Of course a Pick-up when operated by a driver with commercial double endorsement is no longer a simple passenger vehicle. In fact an open bed pick-up in CA has commercial tags.

Bighurt

Is it legal to tow a trailer behind a trailer? Thanks, Jim
http://www.towingworld.com/articles/TowingLaws.htm

This should help but keep in mind it's produced by an RV website and is written with that tow vehicle in mind (and they refer to double trailers as triple tow). As mentioned commercial endorsements for doubles or triples is not demonstrated. When in doubt it's best to look up the laws, either online or in the library or simply call the Department of Transportation in your state. Also Reciprocity is vital, so know whether other states will except your state laws. For example I called Washington and Oregon one said if it's legal in my state they will let me traverse their roads, the other said No.

Cheers

Last edited: