• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

scranch18121

Picked up my first trailer, an M101A2 with CBC, yesterday and spent most of the day putting the weatherstripping back in place. Picked it up from Fort Gordon and man it's bigger than the pictures on GL. The M1009 pulled it ok, but was a little weak on the hills. May have to put a turbo or 6.5 in, might need both . . . Plan on turning it into a kitchen / bathroom / motorbike trailer, so the bath/kitchen will need to be storeable. Will share as I progress.
Now that's a nice M101a2

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is one out of this world Alien Ripcord, I have never seen Count Duku wearing a Jurasic Park shirt :)

Ripcord01

Alex, thinks that he is General Grievious. I was working on buttoning it up for it's maiden journey, and Alex said that he is Commadearing the ship. I laughed my but off.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, that's General Grievous.

[/NERD]
You are so right, rofl

Please do not tell. Shhhhhhhhh My 7 year old would throw me out of the house. General Grievous is his favorite Character.

Ripcord, tell Alex you know what colors General G's light sabers are, you will win huge brownie points

Hint
Blue
Green

fireman5199

MEP-002A Mounted on a Libby M116A2. Pull it with my Chevy Colorado Z-71 5cyl. Have ordered a 12" rise hitch and new pintle hook to level it out. It is just about all the Colorado wants. Need to work on surge brake system too.

Made a adapter for 4 flat to NATO 12-pin for the lights and replaced the bulbs with 12 volt. Planning on upgrading to 12/24V LED bulbs. Repaired the cover and now have that installed also.

Attachments

fireman5199

They're tough...But the trailer lives at my house I only will pull it if there is a power outage across town to my folks' house or at most like 15 minutes down the road to another place. I wanna get a 1009 to pull it eventually...then on to bigger and better.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Added an awning to my M146, had an extra 16' temper tent fly and arch. Just mounted 5 J hooks from Home Depot below the drip rail.

Attachments

Last edited:

jets1959

They're tough...But the trailer lives at my house I only will pull it if there is a power outage across town to my folks' house or at most like 15 minutes down the road to another place. I wanna get a 1009 to pull it eventually...then on to bigger and better.
You should have no problem pulling that trailer. I towed my 5000lb camper trailer back from Indiana to Tacoma Wa and again on vacation to the four corners area in arizona and back. Had no problems towing but gas mileage suffered by more than half.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My recently converted M105A2 trailer...converted to 12-volt LEDs, 2-inch-ball hydraulic surge brakes (no air), former Deuce splash shields with custom-cut mudflaps, fully DOT-compliant. Just got the cargo cover re-installed; the nylon ropes attached to the cover were dry-rotted, so I cut them off and used 7/16" rubber rope with metal hooks.

Brakes were fully adjusted, and under a hard, quick stop I can get the trailer tires to lock up (when the trailer is empty), so I know the surge coupler is doing its job perfectly. And my blister gained when bleeding the brake lines wasn't in vain!

I like the M105 series since my quads & side-by-sides fit into them without any drama, as well as any other gear/tools I want to take along. So these M105A2 conversions are the perfect ticket for me. I retained the 24-volt brake lights in case I want to tow this with my Deuce, once I get the receiver hitch installed. It tows very well and I really enjoy it.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks