• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

tiny110

Banned
I'll put it across the local cat scales when I got back. It came out to just over 40,000 pounds. Considering as heavy as it is it feels pretty good. I'm used to 53 foot trailers so a 40 foot seems to track very well. Im happy with it so far. But I have not had very much of an opportunity to drive it. When we went and picked it up from hooks tx we also picked up a 5 ton van. I pulled the van back with the deuce. And my buddy pulled the trailer back with the 5 ton.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Cool trailer 116A2 frame.
I like the boxes on the front.
are they drawers?

What are the plans?
Nope just storage boxes and it's on a A3 frame, everything above the frame is aluminum. I plan on using it to haul 2 M1030B1 bikes.

t0mills

Did a little offroad testing with my newly acquired trailer today. Had to see how the cruiser climbs with a 1500lb anchor attached. Does pretty well. The climb pictured was a LOT steeper than it looks, and the ground was loose (old creek bed). Took me a couple tries even with front/rear diff locks engaged.

Looking forward to building this trailer up!

Attachments

t0mills

t0mills: Nice work, Did the surge brakes giveyou any fits while towing it down hill?

No issues with the surge brakes when going downhill. There was a point, where I had to back it up a small hill, and I could feel the brakes working against me.

Yesterday was just playing around to see how it feels offroad with a trailer. Once it's built and in actual use, I'll be a lot more cautious with my lines to try and avoid any backing on the trails.

okconcealed

New guy here with a couple of M105A2 questions. I just p/u one on GL, waiting on first EUC to process. I am planning on taking my flat bed trailer, behind my Avalanche, to pick it up in Hooks, TX. Inside with of trailer is 15'. Will the M105 fit? Also, Once I get it home, I plan on pulling it with my '86 M1009. Is this trailer too much for the M1009?

91W350

That is one wide trailer.

A M1009 is too light in my opinion for a 2750 pound empty trailer with no brakes. It is like towing a medium sized car around, only the center of gravity is way up there.

scranch18121

a 105A2 should be pulled with a deuce. has air brakes. your post gives the impression your trailer is 15' wide. it will fit on a 15' long trailer. the question is.... how wide is your trailer?. a m101a2 trailer would be better for a m1009.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks