• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

bmink650

M105 Mods

Very nice work on the trailer, It looks very proportioned to the truck.
How much does it stick out side to side?
Can you feel it back there?
Did you go with electric brakes?
Is a white paint job in the future?

One more mod you need to do to make it more road friendly.
Replace the lunette with a receiver channel and then you can use a
lower mount on your draw bar.

Post more pictures of the rebuild.
Harleyhouse
Thanks for all the positive comments.

The trailer sticks out just enough to see it in both side view mirrors, so maybe a couple inches on each side. It tracks nicely behind the truck and handles great. Since I removed the huge stock axle, wheels, and massive jack it lightened it significantly. I can tell it's back there but even up and down hills I didn't have any problem pulling it. I'm betting it's less than 2000 lbs now that all the extra/heavy stuff has been removed. I did go with electric brakes... for one its required in Cali. for trailers gross over 1500 lbs, but I also plan on the dump conversion so I'll need the brakes when it's loaded. The white paint job is my last priority but maybe some day! I am also planning on removing the lunette to lower the hitch but I figure for now it's fine for what I need. Maybe if I sell it I'll put the ball hitch on. I'll get some more pictures to share as the work continues.

Mark2X2

Thanks for all the positive comments.

The trailer sticks out just enough to see it in both side view mirrors, so maybe a couple inches on each side. It tracks nicely behind the truck and handles great. Since I removed the huge stock axle, wheels, and massive jack it lightened it significantly. I can tell it's back there but even up and down hills I didn't have any problem pulling it. I'm betting it's less than 2000 lbs now that all the extra/heavy stuff has been removed. I did go with electric brakes... for one its required in Cali. for trailers gross over 1500 lbs, but I also plan on the dump conversion so I'll need the brakes when it's loaded. The white paint job is my last priority but maybe some day! I am also planning on removing the lunette to lower the hitch but I figure for now it's fine for what I need. Maybe if I sell it I'll put the ball hitch on. I'll get some more pictures to share as the work continues.
Really like what you did with your 105, I have a 101 but you can't put a 4'x8' sheet of any thing between the wheel wells. You pulling with a 5.3 or 6.0 in you Chev? If you ever get a chance to pull it across a scale, would be interesting to see how close you are on your weight guess.
Thanks,

bmink650

Mark2X2: The truck has the 5.3 in it basically stock. I'm still waiting on paperwork back on the trailer to get it registered but as soon as I do I'll be making my first dump run so I'll hit the scales there.

Ripcord01

M105A behind Chevy Avalanche, flipped lunet ring and tallest adapter plate I could find, almost level :)
You are gonna tear up that truck haulinh that big ole trailer. them things are designed to be pulled by a 2.5 ton truck.. plus you have no brakes on the trailer. You might want to find you a M101 . They are alot more practical..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks