• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show your 5 tons in the snow.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
% Ton Dump Hauling Snow

I was tired of all of the big piles of snow lying around so I loaded them on my dump and hauled them out to the field. When spring came, I wanted to have the snow gone ASAP around my house! It had been a long winter. Snow Outa Here!.jpg

Nomadic

Well its time to start this post back up. Not much snow but its a starts and hopefully the truck will be hidden by spring and the droughts will be over.
A big, monster azz truck out in nature. You got yer trees, forest road, snow. Is that a stump under yer front axle? What do you have here?

BigDawg41

It's not that my truck can't handle the many feet of snow we get each year,it's the fact that the amount of salt used on the roads here in western new york destroys vehicles. I cleaned the 1 1/2 feet of snow off the top and pulled back the tarp to start it up for awhile.

Attachments

Andrmorr

It's not that my truck can't handle the many feet of snow we get each year,it's the fact that the amount of salt used on the roads here in western new york destroys vehicles. I cleaned the 1 1/2 feet of snow off the top and pulled back the tarp to start it up for awhile.
Ditto on the salt fear and it's not just up North...we got 10 inches of snow and the temp hovered around 5 degrees... I took the truck out driving to see if anyone needed help and the next day my truck looked like a frosted mini wheat with the salt spray on it...they are using that salt liquid on our roads now so it makes a big mess that is hard to rinse off...Will have to rethink how much driving to do from now on until I can work out a better rinse capability in the cold...

Attachments

TehTDK

Wouldn't the APC be much more capable in the snow than the truck? I think I am missing something, but maybe you had to trailer the APC to the rental location?
EDIT...
I think I get it now, the deuce and a half was in your way, you had to move it... I can only imagine puckering up on that hill. I managed to get my 5 ton stuck in ankle snow on level ground near my driveway, shockingly those things are not at all capable on the snow. Why they don't have locking differentials is beyond me. I can only imagine sitting in that thing as a soldier, while being stuck in sand or snow, and the bad guys are shooting at you!! What moron did the design criteria and didn't think of capabilities to actually move in slippery ground... Ugh.
Get a scandinavian edition then :p. I know the M35's the norwegian armed forces used to have, came with 3 air lockers straight from the factory. And boy do I want to get my hands on one of those ;)

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_5735.jpgIMG_5741.jpg
4" from last weekends storm
Major Ice Storm hitting this weekend

This is a decent snow for us.
We get more tornadoes and earthquakes than snow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks