• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show your 5 tons in the snow.

SimplexCoda

One thing I didn't seem to find an answer to in this thread was what the snow "fording" abilities are of these tricks. For example, if you've got a 939 series and the snow is measured in feet, would one be able to air down the tires and traverse it? Or are you pretty much relegated to something on tracks at that point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplexCoda

My guess would be pretty low. I think that to be the case for any wheeled vehicle in snow?
You'd be surprised. I dunno where you're living, so I don't know what it's like there, but here (even though we live in New Mexico) we type I ally get some good snow in the winter time. My z71 regularly can traverse over a foot of snow, so long as it packs well. But, that vehicle is no where near the weight of one of these beasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

74M35A2

Michigan. We get all sorts of snow. Mine has not been stuck in snow yet, but it slips and spins easier than I would have expected it to in snow. Seems to have better traction off road in mud and such. No lockers, just conventional open diffs.

snowtrac nome

20171218_175521.jpgSorry about the bad lighting, this time of the year we don't get much. this is the kind of snow we have to deal with when a major storm comes through. This was storm number 3 for the season so far .

Ps after taking the pic I continued on through the snow.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to go out and start my 925A1 but had to plug it in for a few hours first, well it was -22 degrees and sorry folks but not even I am going to go out and play in THAT!!!
Karl

Brutacus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a lot snow in Arkansas, but I got some. I can go a few miles in any direction, and no snow there. Just so you know, this is enough snow for the local schools to shut down for a day!!

HPIM2331.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks