• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

show your aux light setups

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
319, great mounting point! I'm still trying to figure out where to put mine. Definately want to try and keep them off the bumper (mounted topside-tripping hazard, mounted underneath-ripped off due to inclines). Do you have a pic on how you mounted them?
Yes, quite easy too.
These brackets are 5" tall (3" wide) but should be taller, probably 7", because the wires rub on the fender. I'm going to add additional insulation to prevent rub through and shorting. The screws are 5/16" and go through one side of the U channel fender support. I wired them with 14-2 SJOOW and the correct connectors.

Attachments

whyme

Well I got a good start the other night, I've amassed 7 6" kc knock offs but i miss measured when I made the front ring so I've gotta cut it down and see how many look good. I'll post pics later.

Suggestions on paint color, flat black, 383 green, or tie the camo pattern in?

whyme

Well after a bit of a setback I made some good progress today, fist warm day in months and I even got a bit of sunburn.

Installed the 12volt alt but haven't run the wires or installed the battery yet, made the frame for the lights and made and welded in a bull bar to protect the winch lights. It's way stronger than it will ever need to be but I had the extra pipe just laying around so I figured I'd put it to use.

Decided on 7 lights across the top because that's all I could get. Lol worked out really well tho, the spacing will be perfect.

Attachments

FMFDOC

So I'm looking at these lights, and it occurred to me that a deuce would never go fast enough to "over-run" the headlights.
I think a fella could get away with mounting a couple of 4' flourescent light fixtures on a pole out front and be just fine.
rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks