• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show Your Photos of CUCVs in Military Use

71m109a3

I've searched and couldn't find a similar thread. I'd love to see your photos of CUCVs in actual military use. Pics of REFORGER and Desert Storm use especially but any are welcome. Photos found on the internet are okay too. Let's see what you've got!

71m109a3

I'll get things started. REFORGER 87, 503rd Engineers (not my photo). The BFGs and front mounted spare are interesting.

IMG_3263 - Copy.jpg

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That spare is WAY bigger than the 31's on the truck. That's a buffer used to push things with out damage to the truck

71m109a3

I thought this might give folks an opportunity and a reason to post some new ones, perhaps from their own deployments. Or not.

71m109a3

Pics of my contact maintenance truck in Iraq (2005) and at GL auction site (2008).
Found the pics searching out it's former unit (Co. C 107th Eng) online shortly after buying it (2008) from GL.
Since been repainted.
That's really cool! What are the chances of finding those, I wonder? Great looking truck, by the way. Thanks for posting.

Abbylind

I wish I would have taken some pics of the hundreds of M1009s when they were sitting at the DRMO here back in the 90s. The lot was so full they were stacking them on top of each other. Some were cannibalized for parts some still had the plastic covers on the seats. Some had yellow and red reflector tape squares on the tailgates.
I remember a M1008 there with 200 miles on it, plastic still on the seat. It was perfect...other than the dents and bent drive shaft from the forklifts! The guys at the Big Crow project snapped it up before I could....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks