• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show Your Photos of CUCVs in Military Use

71m109a3

IMG_3264 - Copy.jpg
Does anyone have more information on these roll-up window shades? I've never seen them before. Looks like the headlights might also be covered. I think the M1009 is from the U.S. Berlin Brigade.

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No one has any thoughts on these window shades? Has anybody seen them before?
Those are blackout curtains.
Not cucv specific.
Someone looks to have rigged them for cucv use in that pic.
Most likely to prevent sun/moon reflections than keep light in.

We have them for the helos.
Keeps any light from getting up front to distract pilots.
Even NVG compatible flashlights in back can be a pain when the light reflects off the inside of the windshield, etc.

71m109a3

Those are blackout curtains.
Not cucv specific.
Someone looks to have rigged them for cucv use in that pic.
Most likely to prevent sun/moon reflections than keep light in.

We have them for the helos.
Keeps any light from getting up front to distract pilots.
Even NVG compatible flashlights in back can be a pain when the light reflects off the inside of the windshield, etc.
I've never seen them before and thought them rather interesting. Thanks for the information!

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
From the 1987 USMC camoflage painting manual:
0A638377-5889-40AA-A5C1-97B771A5DE84.jpg
I haven't seen any other reference to window covers like these so I'm not sure if they're meant to roll up like the above picture, but it's a related idea.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
There is a similar item that was an ordered kit for the deuce. I think it was called Sun Shield or something like that. It is in the old parts manual.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks