• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Showing off my new M1010 Ambulance!

100dollarman

Just picked this up yesterday--- havent checked it out completely yet, but so far I have found that it has ac in the cab and in the box, looks like some kind of heater in the box (I saw a small exhaust pipe out the side thinking it may have a generator). It had 2 flat front tires-- fixed that today so we can roll it around. Looks like some of the wires underhood are Rat Chewed. So I will have to see what needs to be fixed. It is all there, though. "Looks" like it should run!LOL Maybe with some work. It has bunks and a chair and storage inside--- would make a cool 4wd diesel camper!!! This is what I am thinking--- clean, paint, get it mechanically sound, 4" lift with 33" tires, camp gear, offroad lights, CB, etc, etc.

Like everything I own--- its for sale, but I cant wait to work on it! And drive it!

Here are a couple of pics-

Attachments

lavarok

That was at Barstow right? Nice M1010. If I recall, it has the complete rear setup including the attendant seat.

The exhaust pipe is for the rear heater accessed via the hatch on the rear most passenger side of the box. If you need any help getting the lights working, the ac working, or anything on it working; let me know. I have gone through mine almost 100%.

Any parts you dont want from the back, please let me know. I am interested in restoring mine to the stock setup.

lavarok

Oh yea, check your charging setup once its running. Verify your DUVAC is either working or not. There are a couple "tricks" which may get your stock setup charging the 12v side; however, I opted for a Sure Power battery equalizer to do the job since my components were toast.

Also, if your rear ac condenser fans are shot; Allied Motion is the company that made them originally for Bergstrom ( made the AC ). I have two being made right now...should be ready in about 3 weeks and then my AC will be 100% functional. Part number is PV2490R.

Allied Motion : Home

If you need relays for th rear box, try Freedon Aerospace
Aircraft Parts, Defense Parts, and Ground Support Equipment - Freedom Aerospace
Freedom Aerospace [freedomaerospace@live.com]

Ask for Vince, he will have them. Just so happens he lives down the road from me and hand delivered the relays I needed.

Good luck!

100dollarman

Thx guys-

Ian- My GF says my DUVAC is working just fine, Thank You!!! :-D LOL!

WTF is a DUVAC????
Sounds like you have a ton of good info--- I appreciate the offer, and will hit you up!
Post some pics here of yours if you like--

What fires the heater? (I havent even looked yet)

lavarok

There are pics of mine on SS already. I have a few threads up regarding my experiences thus far. Search on my threads. DUVAC is a good search term as well.

PM me your email address and I will forward you more info.

lavarok

I would like to see some pictures on how they did that, it isn't stock.

I will bet there is no AC in the cab. I studied the photos of this truck when it was on GL. It is a common misconception when one sees the compressor under the hood. The under hood compressor as you may know is used for the AC unit on the box.

100dollarman

I will bet there is no AC in the cab. I studied the photos of this truck when it was on GL. It is a common misconception when one sees the compressor under the hood. The under hood compressor as you may know is used for the AC unit on the box.

You may be correct--- I saw the compr under the hood and assumed it was for cab a/c. I didnt even look at the dash.

I'll post up more pics when I get a few minutes.

hole

Bringing that to to the campout instead of the toy hauler :razz:. Looks like a very clean 1010, I'd offer to buy it, but it would need the EMT's to come with it cause my wife would beat the crap out of me

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks