• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shut-off cable stuck

Mitchell

I've searched for this, but couldn't find anyone with the same problem.

I am going to have to pick up my first deuce in a month or so. When I examined it, it started fine, and ran fine, but the shut-off cable was jammed in and I couldn't stop it. I had to stall it out to stop... which isn't ideal. I want to fix this for peace of mind on my commute home.

I vaguely remember the idle throttle cable wouldn't go in the entire way either. Are they connected? The throttle not going in would prevent the shut-off cable from pulling out?

Should I order a new set of cables? If so, what types of tools may I need to install them? I don't want any (preventable) surprises when I pick this thing up!

peecook

they are two separate cables.

if you open up the side access on the drivers side hood, you can pull back the piece that will shut off the engine. i did it for months when my cable failed.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changing the shut off cable is simple task, 10 minutes tops. A crescent wrench and a screwdriver will get it done.

Sometimes, spraying the cable housing and wiggling the cable will free up a rusty cable.