• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shut off solenoid issue

mahdey

So I went to try and start the truck today and it cranked but did not fire. Opened the hood and found my shutoff solenoid extended keeping the truck from starting. I pushed the rod back up, battery power still on and the electromagnet held the rod up. Truck started up. I shut the truck off, solenoid released and shut the motor off. Went to restart the truck and the rod did not go back up into the solenoid.

I've been looking through the TM's and can't seem to find the operation of the solenoid.

My question is, is there a relay for the solenoid on this truck?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could just be the "pull in" part of the solenoid. I don't remember which pin is what, I will look in my manual today. I think it is A-ground, B-pull in and C-hold in. I will verify today. You need to check the voltage at the pull in. If there is battery voltage there when cranking, the solenoid is junk. A very common failure on midrange series Cummins engines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks