• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Side by Side

Cdub

One side at a time and before you know it Sharleen will have a complete paint job. I plan on painting one side at a time then doing the Woodland Camo before moving on to the other side.

I’m now working on the bed sides of the ISO Bed. They are still heavy, even for one person, two helps a lot especially after they’re painted.

I would really like to get some fresh paint on Sharleen ASAP, but I don’t want to paint over any rust or scratches. Any of the rust is just from chips and scratches. There are no rust holes what so ever anywhere on the hole truck. So it’s some light grinding and off to the DA with some 40 grit then finishing with some 80 before prime. In some cases I'm even doing a wet on wet paint method with the primer and Gilliespie.

I don’t plan on stripping any paint that’s good or spending hours upon hours sand blasting. I’m using regular lacquer prime with a Gillespie top coat. I’m not going to spend hundreds of dollars on expensive epoxy primer. She will look good for many years to come. If I need to re-do a panel over in a couple of years, no problem.

I plan on using Sharleen for parades, shows, trail rides and camping. I’m not going to worry about her. I would like her looking goooood though.

Enjoy the pic…..

Cheers,

C’dub

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Or at the Ga Rally!

:D

Cdub

Re: RE: Side by Side

pa.rich said:
Your shop looks too clean. I 'm jealous. Seriously , it looks great. And every time I see that avatar I smile. They either have thier favorite tunes on or they are on a bumpy road. :D

They're riding in a M925a1 Marine Five ton named " Sharleen "