• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Side exit exhaust

wcolt45

I am wandering if anyone has ran the exhaust to exit on the side,say between the tire and steel mud guard behind fuel tank? Am considering a muffler in the stock location,but thought this would be neat.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
My gasser m52 had the exhaust come out in front of the front rear axle

Dustyh

We have routed the exhaust on both our A3's, they come out in front of the rear axle. We use them for fighting wild fires and didn't want the guys on the back having to breath the exhaust with the way it was.

Punisher666

How were the pipes ran on that bobbed deuce wreckerman? Was there a split before the bed or is it one pipe going all the way up through the frame rails?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
How were the pipes ran on that bobbed deuce wreckerman? Was there a split before the bed or is it one pipe going all the way up through the frame rails?
The stacks were fabbed from HUMVEE fording exhaust pipes......I used flex exhaust pipe to come under the cab and fabbed a splitter that came out under the bed. The bed was far enough away from the cab so that there was room to run the pipes up behind the cab.

Awesome Possum

A lot of the original guntrucks from Vietnam had the exhaust exit down and out to the side, just behind the front right wheel. I did this for a while on P-R, but had to make it stock again when the engine started smoking badly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks