• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sidewall guards

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All,
I have been having trouble with some nasty person spiking the sidewalls of my tires.
Three times already they have spiked the new tires on my CUCV two at each time.
The last time, they spiked all 6 tires on my XM211/M108 crane truck.

I am doing everything I can to get the hell out of this area for that and some other reasons
far too horrific to talk about here. Zoning gods....

Does anyone make a plate that can be bolted on with the wheel that would cover the sidewalls and protect against punctures from an ice pick or similar tool?

Any leads would be appreciated.
Thanks,

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking you should put up some type of sensoring equip. around the trucks so when the curtain is broken you get a silent warning going off in the house...gives you enough time to catch them in the act...what happens next is up to you but I can get pretty creative when it comes to someone needin' a bit of attitude adjustment. Just remember knees and elbows! "Gee officer, it looks like he/she broke a few fingers when they fell down running away" :wink:

papercu

ice picks

Nothing I know of would help, if they couldn't get to the sidewall its not that much more trouble to punch the face of the tire and you couldn't even turn that in to the police or insurance.
There are many spy camera on the market these days and are fairly low cost.
That really sucks, do you think someone is mad at you or because they are military vehicles? Wayne

JDToumanian

I'm thinking you should put up some type of sensoring equip. around the trucks so when the curtain is broken you get a silent warning going off in the house...gives you enough time to catch them in the act...
Definitely. That's how I would do it. I'd want to catch them in the act! :evil:

Jon

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I know who is doing it, but I don't have any proof. He has a long bed car wrecker
and wants to use the parking space in front of my house, since it is on the corner.

I have been thinking of putting a wood skirt around the vehicle.

The silent alarm is a good idea, and now I know what you are supposed to do with a tank bar...

Thanks guys, I needed some cheering up.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You probably are right seeing as how I am partly crippled from a back injury and I might end up on the losing end of a one on one. Of course I could get really nasty and let my wife
at him. She is so upset about these tires that I don't think she would leave him with any of his extended body parts attached.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Take out the air and fill them with Sarin gas and then you will find the couprits ice pick in hand several feet away gasping for air. Just kidding of course.

I have a couple of X10 cameras that I set up to watch my home and vehicles. They make them now with record sensistive programing so the camera will start a HD recorder if it senses movement beyond a parameter threashold. The Vanguard camera will even zoom in to 44 X to see the bad guys up close. Many people find that a camera alone will deter the common vandal since they are afraid of getting caught. Have you filled out a police report? If possible can you park the vehicles closer to the house or behind a fence? There is the old ambush technique that has worked for me if you are willing to go without sleep for a period long enough to catch them on film vandalizing your property.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bruce, There are these shops out here that deal in strictly spy/surveillance equipment. I'd invest in a nice, small wireless job and hook it to to the truck. Then let the individual do their deeds. When you catch them red handed, 1st confront them, and insist on payment for ALL sets of vandalized tires, etc. and call the local LEO. After the MF pays you...Which i'm sure he will since he is a business owner and won't want his business reputation smeared, run ads in the local papers with his his pic from your camera, showing him stabbing your tires. Nice full page ads work great. He will feel it in his wallet. Keep us up to speed on this. Good luck.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys are just great. You give me the perfect solution, and then tell me not to do it.

One of the things I was trying to figure out is how to rig a booby trap that sprayed
some kind of stain that couldn't be washed off, but would show up on any type of skin.

I think that they came out with a little gizmo to attach to your valve so that when the pressure dropped it would fire a blank cartridge or the equivalent. Do they still make those?

I have a conduit that goes underground and up the power pole that is supposed to be used for cabletv but we don't watch television, so I am thinking of mounting a camera right up on the power pole where they can't easily steal it.

Is there some other kind of gas that is not lethal, but induces vomiting or other nasty things?

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One other related thing. Do any of those products that spray stuff in your tires to stop
leaks work at all? Four of the tires will hold air for about a day and a half.
the other two for about 5 hours. These tires are ten years old and I am surprised that they held together as long as they did. Since all I need for now is to be able to move the truck around the corner once a month for street sweeping, I would much rather use these as bait for this _____.

ronfry261

Hey Firefox,

I wish I lived closer, I'd gladly let you park your rigs on my property til you found yourself a place that is better. If there is anyone on the list
close by that is willing to let ya park, you might consider that for now. I know it means not having your babies at home, but it sure would save
on the wallet. I would imagine you would probably have trouble even prosecuting someone with video/picture evidence in the Peoples Republic
of Berkley. Really sux to hear about this kind of stuff.

Ron

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really appreciate that Ron, and I would take someone up on it, but I need to keep it
right next door until I get the crane fully operational, since I need it to move the
roof off of a work shop without damaging it. And this all has to happen right away
since the city is on my case, and they are worse than the guy who spiked my tires.

Once I get that done, the crane truck is going to Eureka, NV where they have
no crime at all.
Thanks,

No.2Diesel

Question: Did the tire slashing, local municipality ball busting, and tow truck guy parking all occur within the same time period?

I'd be interested in what ordinance "Berkeley" cited when issuing you a "violation of the zoning code." All zoning codes are fluff. In the big scheme of things, they are meaningless. You shouldn't be bullied out of your home by anyone. Especially by some appointed political hacks who uphold and defend the "Chronic Complainer Constitution."

Rule No.1 of the CCC:

"After moving into a new community, and you realize after moving in that your property abbutts a dragstrip, circle track, airport, railroad tracks, highway, rifle range, power plant, farm, dairy, etc. Immediately send communications and lobby your local, state, and federal governments so that the offending neighboring use will be shut down so that your property values and piece and quite shall be preserved.

Repeat this process in every new community that you move into, in your endless pursuit of nothing."

If we could still talk with our founding fathers, there'd be some interesting discussions for sure. :wink: Is all your stuff parked on the street? You should get a "wolfie" and a "blondie." :p Wuff wuff, bow wow. I don't have dogs but I do have some neighborhood Maine Coon kitties that are pretty big. Meow. :?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bruce, does your truck have current tags? Is parking allowed on you street...for trucks? I'd still do the camera thing, that way you know what slime bucket is doing it. Revenge is sweet! :twisted:

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This has been going on for about 3 years now. I am not sure that they all were done by the same guy, but I think the odds are in favor of it. It happened to my neighbor across the street after he had an argument with this guy about parking and he is virtually certain that is who did it. The rest is just circumstantial evidence.

The zoning thing is quite real. I was young and dumb and thought America was a free country
when I bought this house. I built a work shop in between my house and my garage. They have it
down in black and white that this violates the zoning ordinances. I am not even griping about that since I want to move anyway and take it with me. My problem with them is their timetable. So far I am holding my own, but it is going to be touch and go.
The good news is that I am moving to Eureka Nevada where a fellow MV'er owns the
Original hotel there and is in the process of fixing it up. He's the guy that just got the Mighty Mite. His name is Mike Pop. Eureka doesn't have a building department, much less a zoning department. There attitude is that you can do anything you want on your own land.
There are some obvious limitations to that. They did say no to a nuclear power plant in the middle of the city.

The camera is a good idea, and I can hook it up easily enough once I get my crane operational. I am partly cripple and I can't climb up a power pole anymore.

For now, I am going to make some make shift wood guards and bolt them on. I am pretty sure this guy does this when e is drunk, so I don't think he can work his way through something like that.

The truck has current Historic Plates, and it is legal to park it in front of my house.
I am just glad I don't live in the next town over where it isn't

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I hope you can get all of this fixed soon and that the guy who is doing this is convicted of the crimes he is committing. Unfortunately I doubt whether the Police even get excited about it since they are more interested in stopping speeders and big crime. I had my wallet stolen years ago and had an idea of who did it. When my credit card company told me I had just spent $600 at Target I went there and the security cameras had the guy I thought stole it pushing a big TV to the check out. They would not give me the screen shot picture and made me call the police who they gave the picture to. I repeatedly asked if they had any leads and they never even responded to me. If I had gotten the picture I would have found him just by posting a can you help me find this guy poster in the Gym that he stole it from. I now have the X10 camera scanning my trucks and property and an AR 15 with laser to back it up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks