• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We're at about 2-1/2 months and closing. The annual East Coast Convoy, en route to Aberdeen military vehicle show, is due to arrive at the show on Thursday, May 21st, 2009. There are serial routes coming from the north, west, and south in order to hook up on the way to the show.

This is a great opportunity for those who have military vehicles that are going to Aberdeen, to drive in a military-style convoy with other collectors and owners going to the show. We are also looking for volunteers who can assist with organization, safety and communication.

Here's the website to sign up!

http://www.eastcoastconvoy.com/

How many are planning to attend the convoy?

Now there is a man that knows his band plan ... I concur 28.4 is the middle of the novice portion usually for SSB or CW .. 29.4 FM would be a more respectable simplex freq.

Regards,
Rick

jmh4x4

Living only 15 minutes from the site, I won't be able to join in :cry:, though I guess I could wait on the side of 95 one exit down and jump in line for the last mile :-D

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I've heard from the organizers, the yellow serial of the ECC will most likely follow I-95 this year, instead of traveling up Rt- 301 in VA/MD, in order to skirt the heavy development, traffic, and stoplights that have been getting worse every year since its inception. This will make the convoy arrive a bit sooner as well, probably around 12 noon on Thursday at the Aberdeen MV show site.

As I did last year, I plan to travel southeast from Front Royal, VA, down towards Orange VA, then east to meet up with the convoy Wednesday night in Doswell, VA. THIS TIME, however, I will do a little bit better planning with my route there - once the sun set Wednesday evening, I found out the hard way that apparently, there is a local ban on street signs in the Spotsylvania County area. Every road I hit seemed to be missing any identifying signs saying where the heck I was. I just drove around for 2 hours in the dark until I hit Rt. 1 South, when I sorta knew where I generally was.

maritimer

finances wont be there this year for that in time nor will my m1009 be ready for that kinda stretch, its going down in june or july for a body off resto, but maybe next years i will have at least 1 ready to make the trip

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've saved 100gal of veg oil just for aberdeen, so I MAY be able to make it again this year, in my 'new' M109. Plus the locomotives here at work all need oil changes, and I offered to 'dispose' of it for them :-D That would be another 200gal or so...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome, seems like there are still a lot of folks who are going to use the convoy, despite the economy and the price of fuel. That's a big thumbs up for those dedicated MV drivers!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks