• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Silicone to Glycol

DeadsledStan

I am highly considering switching from Silicone DOT 5 to DOT 3 braking fluid. Yes i know this has been discussed in the past on if its a good idea or not yadda yadda. I would like to find out what all I need to do to do the conversion. I have a '67 M54A2 that I just put a new old stock master cylinder in. Is there going to be issues with the old rubber deteriorating from the DOT 3, also how can I flush the system to get rid of all the dot 5 fluid.... side not the guy I bought the truck from new nothing about these and had put dot3 into the lines with dot 5 already being in there, what do I need to do to keep my truck stopping safely.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks