• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Simp's Cat 7155 Swap into a M923A1

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You've got more patience than me Wes! I'd already been sitting on a milk crate, with a throttle string and vice grip steering wheel, driving it around the yard...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You've got more patience than me Wes! I'd already been sitting on a milk crate, with a throttle string and vice grip steering wheel, driving it around the yard...
Luckily the cab is.made to.come off in less than an hour now. Pretty simple. Even with 10million air lines.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sumtin not right there, 6th gear is 10 mph top speed in the 915, not sure how you could get to 79 mph even with the OD in the 1138.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Sumtin not right there, 6th gear is 10 mph top speed in the 915, not sure how you could get to 79 mph even with the OD in the 1138.
The short page of numbers is 11 thru 16. The program only allowed 10gear max. So 6th on the short list is 16th

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hey Wes,

When you have it running, before you put the yoke on, I would make sure you have oil pressure all the way to the back. My first Fort Polk overhauled transmission wasn't and burnt the bearing up and cracked the rear clutch housing. There is a video at idle here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/26745232@N08/28957004035/in/album-72157669323083184/

Looking good!
I fired it up last night with the yoke on it the oring was leaking pretty good and it was a pretty constant leak

74M35A2

When I put it in gear and let the clutch out, it will slow the rotation of the Earth. You will get more daylight, more sleep, and thank me.

99nouns

When I put it in gear and let the clutch out, it will slow the rotation of the Earth. You will get more daylight, more sleep, and thank me.
That reminds me one of the Chuck Norris jokes, "When Chuck Norris does push ups he is not pushing him self up but actually he is pushing the earth down"... lol

red

So you should be able to comfortably cruise at 70 mph now. Bet it even ups your MPG in that fuel hog.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Dunno about fuel hog. Last trip in my m816 staying at 1900rpm went through 17 gallons in 120 miles, just over 7mpg. Considering the wreckers fat ass and the altitude I bet Simp could do better than that when he's running empty.

Csm Davis

Dunno about fuel hog. Last trip in my m816 staying at 1900rpm went through 17 gallons in 120 miles, just over 7mpg. Considering the wreckers fat ass and the altitude I bet Simp could do better than that when he's running empty.
Yeah Red they are pretty good unless you are up against the bus/motorhome engines in the A2's. Him and disco ball are in a nuclear arms race to see who can spend the most money on the wildest 923A1 VS 923A2 mods out there. So I give both of them crap to egg them on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks