• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sims bed liner

bmH1065

Has anyone ever heard of them? All of the body shops here use them, they think they are the best. Anyway a guy that works in one of the body shops here says he will do my deuce for $400 if one kit will do it, probably wouldn't come up very high on the side, which is ok as I mainly want the floor done. I know the salemen who sells the kits and tinted or black are the same price, $200. Does anyone know if 1 kit will do the floor and a little way up? Is $400 a good price? Thanks, Bob

Elwenil

Be careful about what is in a spray in bedliner. Some of them contain a lot of rubber and the firefighters here tell me that they can't put them out for anything and have to let them burn out.

Somemedic

I can tell you.....

I know of a liner/truck parts dealer that jacked up a customers bedliner. The spray tech took a torch and was going to melt it or soften it up so he could correct his mistake. Should have left the liner alone... he burned the truck and his shop to the ground. Not sure if it was sims or a herc off shoot but I know after a plethora of tanker trucks (6 @ 3,000 gals x a couple of fill ups) the stuff was like a tire fire. Couple that with the chemicals in the shop and alot of fiberglass caps. It take the place alot of time to go up and the fire to get a good foot hold. Surround and drown... It'll stop burning eventually