• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Since when did the US use these?...........

K9Vic

I think it is a custom build by an individual, you can get bumpers like that here in the states real easily. The rear area looks like what they use in Mexico on their police trucks and the Dodge has the same 8 lug bolt pattern as Chevy & also Ford.

khandoh

I believe various locations have bought civvy trucks and just modded them in house on base line 4x4s. Saw a bunch of chevys at one spot. Ugly as SIN they were.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Combatt Ram

It is possible that there could have been a limited # in use for testing.
Are those Humvee wheels on it? Doesn't look like spacers were used?????????

If it was it would have a data plate that would also say Property of US Government or something like that

Last edited:

kennys@wi.rr.com

Ford also has a special truck that can only be purchased for special outside the borders use and oil field use. They come premodified with the heavy bumpers and even a slight lift kit. So I see no reason that Dodge wouldn't do the same.

Sevin7

That would be way better than a CUCV II since it has a 5.9L in it. It it is real, then it probably wouldn't have the 5 or 6 speed which sucks a little. But I guess I would still take it!

niferous

I saw these along with some Chevrolet trucks and suburbans at Ft Knox during the Armor Conference in the summer of 2000. They said they were prototypes however some units would receive them for field testing. I remember them being just stripped down work truck models. I never even asked if they came with 24 volt ignition systems as I didn't even know the military used them at that point! I was only about six month out of my IET training.

chickentruck

I saw these along with some Chevrolet trucks and suburbans at Ft Knox during the Armor Conference in the summer of 2000. They said they were prototypes however some units would receive them for field testing. I remember them being just stripped down work truck models. I never even asked if they came with 24 volt ignition systems as I didn't even know the military used them at that point! I was only about six month out of my IET training.
did my dodge avitar in camo

ammodude

Saw an awesome Chevy, 1 ton, crew cab, long bed, single, diesel, solid OD with winch/push/brush guard (CUCV II?) on Osan AB last week. It was probably an 2009 or 2010. AF uses a lot of commercial vehicles.

Last edited:

ElevenBravo

That would be way better than a CUCV II since it has a 5.9L in it. It it is real, then it probably wouldn't have the 5 or 6 speed which sucks a little. But I guess I would still take it!
Id rather have the 6.2 and keep the solid front axle, at least there is some flex there that yields superior off road performance Vs. IFS.

Andrew

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks