• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SINCGARS Alternative Power Supply (ASAPS)

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked this up on the auction last week.

The story goes there was a guy that bought millions worth or milsurp and recently died, the family is selling all the stuff. The guy at the yard told me that was one of six locations in the US, and that there was at least $3Million in that location.

So anyway, picked this up for $55 and am wondering what to do with it. I'm a little surprised it only makes 5 amps to each of the six slots; doesn't seem like enough to power a radio. It looks almost new, and everything is there like hardware and some stuff I haven't figured out yet.

The Multi SINCGARS Power Adapter (MSPA) also known as the Advanced SINCGARS Alternative
Power Supply (ASAPS) is designed to power six SINCGARS radios using 110VAC and/or 12VDC
(supplied by a vehicle battery). While fully capable of operating from either an 110VAC or 12VDC power
source, the MSPA is more effective when both are used together because the vehicle battery acts as a
UPS for your radios. The AC power source not only provides power to operate the SINCGARS radios
but also charges the vehicle battery. The MSPA is designed to stand upright, but can be used lying on
its side or back. The MSPA is fielded with a green transport case.
I've got the manual.

Not sure what to do with it. I could mount it on the wall in the garage and run some car stereo from it.

PT03.jpgPT02.jpgPT01.jpg

Augi

Sincgars only put out 4w on high. The BB2590 batteries they are powered by in manpack configuration can only provide 4 or 5a per 12v section.

Augi

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks